Tada's GReeeeN Lupo GTI - Last update 1.11.2014

tttttada

Thanks for your kind words guys!! :D

Replying to a couple of questions.....

looks ace, is it road legal ???

Road legal?....... um, not really LOL

Looks great. In UK we have to have side lights which means we can't take out the 2nd light units like you have.

What size are the discs? And what kit is needed to mount the Alcon calipers to the GTI hub?

They are OEM 280mm discs, believe it or not.

It is not a kit, you have to piece all the parts together (calipers, pads, brake lines, and bracket if necessary)

If you do your homework, you could get APs, Racing Brembos, or Alcon calipers, any brand you'd like.

Just make sure you get the right application for your desired disc size,

and keep the total piston area within the master cylinder's capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

The Enkei's are quite light, but I'd like to get wheels with the proper offset so could get rid of the spacers. :yes:

It was a joke mate, Id kill for thoose 4.2kg Enkei's!

They did do it on the race bikes I used to work on. But We normaly ran ali ones as wasnt worth the hassel and thats R1 Racing bikes! (I wont say name of team)

What width, offset and tyres are you planning on running? Just want an idea of how wide those arches are!

Probably 15 x 8J with ET0 offset in the front, ET10 in the rear.

Tires will be 225/45/15.

Looks awesome. One of best GTi's on the site.

Hey thanks :wave:

Fitted alcons 4 pot racing calipers smile.gif

DSC00825.jpg

Fits under 15" wheels with ease

Are they the Alcon Advantage with blank fixing lugs? I need a set of 4 pots for mine, just unsure which to buy, these would be perfect.

For example this caliper http://www.alcon.co.uk/download/alcon-catalogue/4-piston-blank-lug-caliper.pdf

The DCOE manifold you have, is that the "off the shelf" Weber VW 16V manifold or has it been custom made?

The car is looking great by the way, cant wait to see the engine bay once its completed.

Edited by robbig

Hi, got back from vacation.

Ive been getting alot of questions regarding the Alcon's, here is the answer.

Yes those are the exact same calipers I used. They are lug mount calipers, so you need to have them drilled at a machine shop,and they will bolt right onto the steering knuckle with stock bolts. You do not need custom brackets, but they were not perfectly centered on the rotor, so I used 6mm spacers to set back the calipers a bit. You also need to source brake pads, and custom brake hoses. I ordered a custom set from Goodridge, which were not cheap. All in all, the collection of parts and labor will cost quite a bit (more than double, almost triple, the price of Wilwood kits)

The DCOE manifold you have, is that the "off the shelf" Weber VW 16V manifold or has it been custom made?

I really wanted to get a sorg manifold but they were impossible to get, so I opted for a Dbilas manifold (which I think are off-the-shelf)

Hope that answers all questions.

Edited by tttttada

Cheers tada,

I think I may opt for the Alcons, I'll try to sneak them through the machine shop at work to save money.

I found the Dbilas website, I'll get the manifold ordered next week.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.