Lets see your home cinema set ups....

Putney

I will get pics up this week.. been very busy... considering i started the thread its very lame i know!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

got some more additions to my setup.

for anyone who knows what one is, got a harmony 1000 to control it all, that's £200 worth of touch screen top of the range logitech remote control.

also sold my 47" toshiba LCD this week ready for my new tv. bought a 50" plasma but was extremely unhappy with the fact that i could see ghosting/screen burn after very little time with a static image on screen (my start bar from my pc), so i took it back and i'm sticking with LCD.

i really did want a 50+ inch panel, but tbh after that experience i think i'm going to go 46" and get a higher spec than i could afford in the 50+ inch range. won't notice the 1" reduction in size from my old set, plus i have the projector for big screen viewing anyway.

the 3rd new thing on it's way is an onkyo 606 surround processor. this will be taking over from my trusty audiolab 8000A which sounds the bollox, but a] doesn't have a remote so is a tad annoying having to get up to switch sources and sometimes volumes if my source doesn't have separate volume control, and b] was obviously just a stereo amp with no surround.

Edited by Adam K

The 606 is awesome bit of kit. I have the 506 and its great. It could do with being a bit more powerfull but it would annoy the neighbours if i had it near the max :lol:

You will feel like a bit of a geek though when you do "sweeps" of the front room with the mic :blink:

Just make sure you have a good speaker setup, Remember volume doesnt mean quality.

I think the next thing on my list is sky HD with one of putneys offers...Just waiting for the right one to come out :shades:

The 606 is awesome bit of kit. I have the 506 and its great. It could do with being a bit more powerfull but it would annoy the neighbours if i had it near the max :lol:

You will feel like a bit of a geek though when you do "sweeps" of the front room with the mic :blink:

Just make sure you have a good speaker setup, Remember volume doesnt mean quality.

I think the next thing on my list is sky HD with one of putneys offers...Just waiting for the right one to come out :shades:

i am just looking forward to upscaling of all my other sources to hdmi, it will save me a shed load of cables running round the edge of my room to my projector, and hopefully might make my wii look a bit better.

Nothing too impressive here but its big enough for me...

this is mum and dad's one in the living room

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

32" Philips LCD

HP media center PC

Sky+ (its tucked down the back of the unit)

Creative 5.1 surround sound system (sub is also down the back of the unit)

Xbox 360, i got it for £50!!!

Lynksys wireless router

The tv is able to run all the PC functions and the Sky+ all with 5.1 surround sound, sadly the xbox only runs the tv speakers though :(

This is the set up in my bedroom

IMG_0435.jpg

32" Sony LCD

Creative 5.1 surround sound system (with only the front 3 speakers and sub at the moment)

there is also a home made PC in a box under the tv which has all my iTunes files shared from the living room pc as well as being able to do PVR functions and watch DVD's

hi all.... here is a few pic's of my set up....

doesnt photo as well as i had hoped.... and i forgot to close the cabnit.... let me know your thoughts

Speakers - B&W CDM 9NT, 1NT, CNT

DVD - Tag DVD32FLR

TV - Pioneer 50"

asp - Pioneer AX10ai

just sold the PV1

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

Looks good but would look better without that horrible wall paper up!

i like the wallpaper just its to busy with the tv and everything

nice set up to :shades:

hi all.... here is a few pic's of my set up....

doesnt photo as well as i had hoped.... and i forgot to close the cabnit.... let me know your thoughts

Speakers - B&W CDM 9NT, 1NT, CNT

DVD - Tag DVD32FLR

TV - Pioneer 50"

asp - Pioneer AX10ai

just sold the PV1

Surprised you've not picked the Tag AV32R to go with the 32FLR, but a lovely setup :)

p.s. I like the wallpaper! :lol:

We've just got a Harmony One. Seems pretty good up to now. :)

52" Sony LCD just got delivered today too. It's friggin massive.

i actually recon in real world useage terms the harmony one might be a better bet than the 1000 as it has more "hard" buttons rather than touch screen buttons that u have to mess about getting up on screen. for cool/wow factor and customisation though the 1000 does it for me.