Lets see your home cinema set ups....

Putney

i walked into a home cinema shop before i bought any of my kit and i said to the bloke on the show room, show me the difference between HD and normal on a 42" telly ..... so he flicked onto HD and then onto normal ...

i couldnt see any difference , to which he agreed

when i mentioned that i was going to have a 80" projection screen he said thats a different story ... leading me into a little cinema room he switched on a phat projector and after watching for a while you can start to appreciate the clarity of HD on a projector

i walked out with a new samsung blueray player which i gotta say is the 'its combined with the projector

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i walked into a home cinema shop before i bought any of my kit and i said to the bloke on the show room, show me the difference between HD and normal on a 42" telly ..... so he flicked onto HD and then onto normal ...

i couldnt see any difference , to which he agreed

when i mentioned that i was going to have a 80" projection screen he said thats a different story ... leading me into a little cinema room he switched on a phat projector and after watching for a while you can start to appreciate the clarity of HD on a projector

i walked out with a new samsung blueray player which i gotta say is the 'its combined with the projector

You trying to tell me you couldn't see the difference between HD and Normal (SD) on a 42 inch screen?

You trying to tell me you couldn't see the difference between HD and Normal (SD) on a 42 inch screen?

no ??? :o

maybe i was just being tight and didnt want to see the difference as i didnt want to go the whole HD route .... it didnt blow me away , maybe my eyes are foo ;-)

im glad i did now, when i flick to the PC you can see the resolution isnt great as i only got a crappy card in that machine, but on a blue ray disk its WOW

• 1 month later...
i really need to get an SD card for my camera so i can get some pics of my setup.

cant you take one on your phone ???

cant you take one on your phone ???

i have a blackberry and a nokia 6600 classic, both of which has possibly the sh1ttest cameras known to man.

i wanna get some good pics of my projector with some HD material playing, no chance on either of these 2 cameras, it would just be a dark blur.

Edited by Adam K

I've got the 700X projector too. You can get a fantastic image from the Optoma's even with a short throw.

how do you find it im going for one for my crimbo

only have a 9 foot throw, but i was on the site and it was giving me like an 85"+ screen size which is fairly sexual

Edited by jamiea7x

how do you find it im going for one for my crimbo

only have a 9 foot throw, but i was on the site and it was giving me like an 85"+ screen size which is fairly sexual

for games and movies you will never want to watch on a normal sized tv anymore. when i say normal, i have a 47" lcd and my projector screen dwarfs it, and the quality is just immense. probably one of the best things i've bought.

They're lovely looking speakers, hows the sound?

One word, awsome. The subwoofer can rumble your insides without a hint of boom or distortion. The whole setup sounds incredibly detailed, open and natural like the band is playing right infront of you.

Watching movies is brilliant, the effects are placed so well and accurately too. When there's an explosion it sounds like rubble hitting the floor right at your feet and behind you.

Off to buy a bluray player tomorrow, just bought planet earth from woolworths today.

One word, awsome. The subwoofer can rumble your insides without a hint of boom or distortion. The whole setup sounds incredibly detailed, open and natural like the band is playing right infront of you.

Watching movies is brilliant, the effects are placed so well and accurately too. When there's an explosion it sounds like rubble hitting the floor right at your feet and behind you.

Off to buy a bluray player tomorrow, just bought planet earth from woolworths today.

how much did u pay for planet earth?

i downloaded the whole series in HD, but i'd like it on blueray too.

Ive been watching planet earth at the moment. Not the blu-ray version though as people say there is not much to choose between the 2.

My god does it look good, Great picture on it! Make sure you watch the little bit at the end of each episode where it shows you how they made it. Very intresting!

Heres my rather meagre set up:

- Samsung 23" HDTV

- Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround sound (rear speakers not in pic), sound via digital optical cables.

- Sony PS3

- Xbox360

Almost forgot

- IKEA £12 'coffee table' :P

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Edited by Grapo

on 2nd thoughts i just went out today and bought all the parts to build a new media centre PC with hardware decoding rather than software decoding.

put it all together tonight (yes i know, what an amazingly geeky friday night!!).

i was gonna go out and buy the bbc planet earth stuff on dvd, but playing back the HD files i have on my PC with this new build, the quality is just immense, the difference with the hardware decoding is just night and day.

i tried to get video of the projector in action, but my phone just can't do video in a darkened room, will have to wait till i have an sd card for my camera.

Edited by Adam K

on 2nd thoughts i just went out today and bought all the parts to build a new media centre PC with hardware decoding rather than software decoding.

put it all together tonight (yes i know, what an amazingly geeky friday night!!).

i was gonna go out and buy the bbc planet earth stuff on dvd, but playing back the HD files i have on my PC with this new build, the quality is just immense, the difference with the hardware decoding is just night and day.

i tried to get video of the projector in action, but my phone just can't do video in a darkened room, will have to wait till i have an sd card for my camera.

look forwards to seeing the vid, becuase im defo goin for the hd700x, unless the i can gte an hd65 for the same price nearer crimbo as theres acouple floating aroun don ebay brand new for 400 on the nose,,

look forwards to seeing the vid, becuase im defo goin for the hd700x, unless the i can gte an hd65 for the same price nearer crimbo as theres acouple floating aroun don ebay brand new for 400 on the nose,,

just seeing the planet earth stuff would convince most people that they NEED an HD projector in their lives, lol.

i'd still like it on blueray as the version i have is 720p, i'd love to try the 1080p version, although my projector is only 720p anyway so i don't think i'd see any difference.