I got one!!!!!! - A lupo GTI that is...

bossjohnc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, baj, Price? Mileage? Age? It sounds identical to mine so far!

Its a Jan 2002 with 24k miles

price was £9700 which is a touch over what i think its worth really but its off the VW fourcourt and i did get them down from £9999 sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

added to the fact i didnt want to travel far and they gave me a good trade in value on my current car i had to go for it

not long to go now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Someone said that locking wheel nuts *should* be standard on the GTI, but appear not to be supplied with quite a few.

Looks like I got a good deal then... I also paid £9,750, I got a Sept 2002 / 10K miles (also from VW). Good job you got a decent trade in for your car! I didn't even try, as I know dealers can be picky about what they'll accept.

At the end of the day I still think you got a good deal. Mine had just come down from £11,999 for clearance biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Tick Tock...

WOOOOOOT!!!

What a fantastic car!!! Just about as I'd imagined it from reading the posts around here. Particularly good from 3rd to 4th... you can just wind it up and up, and the change from 3 to 4 makes you want to go faster and faster!

It's fantastic!!

Put a frown on my dad's face by telling him that the power/weight ratio is higher in the loop than his TT by quite some way!

I did all the checks on the car that I mentioned, there was even a set of locking wheel nuts in the boot ready to be fitted! (hadn't been fitted at factory). Everything else was pristine, bar one light 'luggage' scratch on the rear bumper, which they quite happily polished away while I was there. They even threw in a bottle of champagne!!

Needless to say I left the dealer with a beaming grin on my face, which became a massive grin after driving from Hereford to Birmingham (found some nice roads biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />).

It's such a looker - but the most amazing feature has to be the lights - I wasn't expecting them to be *that* nice - and it appears to make cars move over on the motorway for some reason :sarc:

The headlamp washers were a shock! Never seen them before, and expected them to maybe come out 5mm or so! lol!

Anyway, Fantastic, I can now drive my lupo as opposed to lurking here reading old posts!

@baj, did you get yours??

yes mate i sure did !!

echo most of the above really, what a fantastic little machine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

havent had chance to go out in the dark yet, looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about these xenons tho smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

agree about 3rd and 4th

they feel like practically the same gear

the car just forces u to boot it along, slotting throught the gears

so much fun biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

was hoping to take it for a long drive today but ive just looked outside and its snowing ???

Hi peeps,

makes me want to get another one,

i had one but it had so many problems, just had bad luck and a sh*t dealer.

mine had scratches on front bumper and other places, i checked locking nuts were missing,so they ordered me some, they ripped steering wheel whilst fixing other fault.

i really want one with leathers.

taz

Well, I've done my first 1000 miles now, and it's a great car to drive on the motorway. I have one or two niggles though...

Is the rear wiper really that noisy or does it need a new blade?!

err... that's it actually!

@olddirtylovely person... I know what you mean - once you feel ripped off by someone you don't want to go running back. Are there any other VW dealers you could try in your area?

Baj my rear wiper does that too i'm going to try some bosch wipers with softer rubber to see if it makes any different

Been up and down the country for new years, hence the 1000 miles. I don't plan on doing that kind of mileage often!

Been waxing the car for hours today, using the real hardcore pure wax that takes ages + lots of elbow grease.

Took a look over the rear wiper - it seems to sweep one way, but not the other. I think a different manufacturer's blade might make a difference. Tell us what the Bosch is like Mark.