Occupation's

Paul R

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester airport, just done my 1st year of the app'ship at Deeside college

Now im at the Thomas Cook hangar at manchester (was MyTravel hangar before the 2 airlines merged)

The line is somewhere i will want to be in the future as i like it out there

Studying for my B1 or B2 as we speak, i passed Human Factors(easy) and failed Propellers with 73%....gutted, going to re sit that soon and carry on knocking them off the list as i go

And nice pics John, i want to get down and watch that one year when i get chance :)

Tom

Ah nice, your doing an aprentiship, thats a great way to get in to the industry, much like myself. Start off in the hanger, build your confidence and experience, then just pass the time with the easy life on the line.

Or go contracting abroad..... turbo gti in no time! - actually just but something faster..... :blush:

Your a clever man if you manage to pass every module 1st time, I got stuck on mod 3, took me 3 attempts to finally pass it!, just keep on trucking.

What A/C do you work on? dont they have 757's and airbus'es?

Heres a few pics from todays findings:

P1000667.jpg

P1000610.jpg

P1000625.jpg

P1000618.jpg

John

Ah nice, your doing an aprentiship, thats a great way to get in to the industry, much like myself. Start off in the hanger, build your confidence and experience, then just pass the time with the easy life on the line.

Or go contracting abroad..... turbo gti in no time! - actually just but something faster..... :blush:

Your a clever man if you manage to pass every module 1st time, I got stuck on mod 3, took me 3 attempts to finally pass it!, just keep on trucking.

What A/C do you work on? dont they have 757's and airbus'es?

Heres a few pics from todays findings:

P1000667.jpg

P1000610.jpg

P1000625.jpg

P1000618.jpg

John

Yeah my dad's a B1 aswell on the line for thomas cook,my older brother is doing his license aswell :lol: sorta runs in the family

i think im gona keep my Loop though forever and just get a second car in the future,probably something silly

Ahhh electrical fundamentals!!!!!! I'm not looking forward to that one

yeah A330's, 320's, 321's iirc, and then the Boeing 757's etc etc....theres loads now because of the merger, all the MyTravel ones have been re painted in Thomas Cook so its pretty much doubled the fleet, plenty of work

We do a bit of 3rd party aswell, Aeroflot (russian poo) are sending loads of aircraft in to have complete undercarriage changes, i was working on one of them last week......

Liking the pics mate cheers for them

Tom

Edited by GTi T

Wait till you get 74%! even bigger dohhhhhh!

I work on smaller biz jets, we look after one or two BBJ's but thats about it. I spend most of my time on the smaller jets, still as complexed as the big boys, but much smaler.

Hope to be going on my first type soon, as ive only had my licence for about 6 months now.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Im an Electrical Engineer. Dont worry spelling is not a requirement. They paying for my degree on a day release for next 4 years too. Traveling all over the world:

India

Dubai

Singapore

Paris

Huston (USA)

Brazil

And not Forgetting Glasgow lots as its head office.lol

left retail management after 7 yrs to service vending machines and totally love my job.

Edited by joboat

work for an outside broadcast company. essentially providing facilities to clients outside of studios. we do some cool stuff like Top Gear, Champions league footy, championship footy, uefa cup, stuff for setanta, BTCC for itv. i am working my way up to being an editor. have helped with the edit on the last 2 topgears.

love it

trained as a journalist and a marine biologist.

current job?

biotech patent secretary! cushy :D love it, get to slag 1 boss off to his face and get abuse back, fantastic.

currently overworked due to sidekick breaking his arm and leaving me to deal with 4 bosses instead of 2.

thank god for hour long lunches and bosses frequent trips out of the office :D

Network and Server Support Engineer.

Company pays for any future qualifications that I feel I should be doing to catch up with the world (cushy)

oh and taking part in a project to completely virtualize all the servers here!

For those of you who know what that means you will understand how interesting it is.

Although I am thinking about a change, found a job in Australia for a telecommunications (don't think I spelt that right) firm. Guess we will see.

Corporate Software Sales Account Manager

Also a qualified Microsoft Sales Expert and a Symantec Sales Expert

Used to Audit for Software Asset Management but got the opportunity to move to sales so i did.

Qualified Army Cadet Instructor

Part time waster :)

Network and Server Support Engineer.

Company pays for any future qualifications that I feel I should be doing to catch up with the world (cushy)

oh and taking part in a project to completely virtualize all the servers here!

For those of you who know what that means you will understand how interesting it is.

Although I am thinking about a change, found a job in Australia for a telecommunications (don't think I spelt that right) firm. Guess we will see.

Do you need any Vmware, visioncore, platespin etc? :P