Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Haha wont be for a while, not sure what either. I'll be getting some sensible to see me through the rest of the year, After a Lupo TDI if possible :)

Not selling the car because of the cost of the car itself, I just could do with putting some money back into my house. Got to sort a new kitchen, double glazing and new carpets. Very boring grown up stuff :paperbag:

At the moment Im only selling the non standard parts, so I may well end up keeping the actual car. Never know it could start all over again lol!

would be nice to see what you could do from a fresh start again :P and ergh everyone is selling to make there house pretty :P live in the car :') just dont get a tdi ¬¬ not after this itll feel so sluggish

would be nice to see what you could do from a fresh start again :P and ergh everyone is selling to make there house pretty :P live in the car :') just dont get a tdi ¬¬ not after this itll feel so sluggish

Hah the way I drive the GTI my mrs' 1L Lupo feels nippy lol! Yeah we'll see what the future brings :D

Hah the way I drive the GTI my mrs' 1L Lupo feels nippy lol! Yeah we'll see what the future brings :D

drive it like a grandad :P nd i hope its a good one round corner

• 2 weeks later...

Well as many of you know I have been breaking the none standard parts of the car to raise cash for other things. Most of the larger none standard items have sold. The steering wheel, induction kit, gear knob, gloss dash, and the interior.

Stripped the interior on Saturday ready for the new owner, sad day

IMG_1156.jpg

The car looks very sorry for itself at the moment

IMG_1158.jpg

Hopefully sourcing a standard heated leather GTI interior as thats what the car was originally spec'd with. The BBS RM's have been sold and will be going in the next few days. Then just need to source a set of standard Bathurst (PM if you have a set) before selling the car as a minty standard example :)

Alex

:( this was one of the top looking Lupo's out there, shame really, how much did the BBS's go for in the end?

Yeah its a shame, but it was never going to sell as it was. No one wanted 'my' car so I thought this would be the best approach. Gutted as it was finished March 10th for UD2012 and the first parts were sold 2 weeks later!

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

Well as many of you know I have been returning the Lupo to standard ready to put it up for sale. All the non standard parts have been sold and the car is now pretty much back to factory standard.

Sourced a set of heated OEM GTI leather interior with side airbags which the car originally was spec'd with, original steering wheel, dash and gear knob are back in too.

Last thing to source was some wheels, the original Bathursts were proving to be a real nightmare to find so I went for something a bit different. Found a set of BBS Solitudes in grey anthrecite powdercoat with carbon Jap spec BBS centre caps. They are in mint condition having been powdered only 1000 miles ago, really pleased.

They are 15"x6J so a little narrower than the Bathursts, will probably get a set of 30mm spacers for the rears but other than that I'm quite happy. Need to get a set of 195/45 tyres as the 165/50's are all pretty much on the limit.

New wheels-

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

The car will be up for sale in the next few weeks in it original form with a few little extras such as the smoothed boot and accessories spoiler.

A full advert will go up in the classifieds as soon as possible :)

Alex

Looking good Alex,

GLWS

Piers

Thanks Piers

Everyone seems to be selling up....... :(

Yeah i know, I started it :P have been threatening it for the last year!

:(

Sad times Karl, hoping to get some daily use out of the loop whilst its waiting to be sold. So at least I'll get to enjoy it again :D

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some time to work on the car this weekend. Got some brand new 194/45 tyres fitted to the Solitudes, got them fitted, and dropped the car off the axel stands.

I gave the car a good wash as it was covered in about 2mm of dust! Ripped all the interior out and gave the carpets a good clean. Also I reconnected and soldered the side airbag connections for the seats and connected the heated seat loom back up before refitting the interior :) I've missed heated leather lol!

Refitted the B-Pillars, stereo, dash fittings and a few other bits and pieces.

Washed-

IMG_1309.jpg

Interior out-

IMG_1310.jpg

The car looks really nice on the new wheels, the rears need a good amount of spacing (20-25mm) to get the stance right but other than that I'm very pleased. It looks quite racey in its current guise :D

IMG_1311.jpg

So with that all done the car is officially up for sale, I will get a full advert up in the classifieds as soon as I get chance.

Thanks, Alex

Pretty much. Just hope you get the bug again & bring us something bloody spectacular Alex :thumbsup:

:wub:

:wub: thanks 12

End of an amazing era :(

I know James, least the interior is in good hands :)

Pretty much. Just hope you get the bug again & bring us something bloody spectacular Alex :thumbsup:

I'll be back, I'm sure :D

Officially for sale here £4,500 OVNO - http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?app=classifieds&module=core&do=view_item&item_id=551

Actually seems a bargain.

It is a very good price for what you are getting tbh :) i want it to go to a good home, preferably within the club still