High level brake light - Non GTi!

Has anyone ever changed the stop light bulbs in the third stop light on a non GTi?

One of mine has gone out, its an end bulb, and the other end bulb is off and on and is really dull. SO i want to replace them.

I took out the screws on the other side of the bootlid, and tried to prise it out, but it wouldnt dudge!

I got it half way out but then it got stuck and it looked as if it was going to snap.

I hate having missing bulbs in the third stop light, its not a taxi! :lol:

Any ideas? :confused:

Edited by cardaft

yer once you have got the three screws out, lift it up a bit and then pall to the right. its only got a sticker seal on it but it sounds like its just the wire plastic on the left end that is getting stuck. so yer just lift it and pall to the right and it will the come out.

and you dont need to change all bulbs and each one is single. but if anyone needs the unit i have one spare. well i have two of them spare.

Ah i missed your reply!

Ill take a look at that tomorrow, having a car sorting out day tomorrow, MOT, service and ill try to replace those bulbs.

Thanks for the advice, i thought there might be a nack to it!

Ill let you know how i get on ;)

Cheers :D

• 7 years later...