crashed

Boy'dup

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pitty its ****ed it looks quite cool in a weird way. it wud be cool turnin up to college in it and tellin every1 what happend.

would be a laugh

it does drive but im certain the filth would stop me in it

looking for another one atm or an old jetta ready for the modding

little chris

xxx

• 3 weeks later...
whats happening chris? any update?

insurance has just paid out 2200 with my excess of 500 makes it 1700..... which is 200 quid more than i paid for the car 30k miles ago... weird

my premium is not increasing but remaining as it would have been in the first year of driving, annoying but could be worse.

the car was a category b write offand has been removed to be crushed sorry to anyone who wants anything off of it but they took it the day the assessor came out.

I'm buying a 2001 plate (new shape) nissan almera which is cheap at less than half book price, due to an old couple moving to spain needing to get rid of the car.

the plan is to use the nissan as a daily drive until i can get the scirocco up together (theres a thread titled 'the rocco' somewhere) then use the scirocco whilst i sell the nissan

(hopefully for a profit) and look for either a decent loop or arosa sport which can then be the daily and the rocco can go back to a sunday driver.

if all goes to plan of course lol

thanks for the interest

Guest Lauryn

Good stuff, least they didnt try and damn you over, and you're kinda coming out of the situation better off (altho losing the Arosa is shite) so it could have been a lot worse, woohoo!

Just be careful some insurers do not alter the premium after a claim straigh away, its when the renewal comes round and you start declaring that you've had a claims (along with zero no claims bonuses) that it might put the price up.

But good job you've got some money back :)

Just be careful some insurers do not alter the premium after a claim straigh away, its when the renewal comes round and you start declaring that you've had a claims (along with zero no claims bonuses) that it might put the price up.

But good job you've got some money back :)

i've double and triple checked, should be ok as far as theyre saying to me... fingers crossed

i miss driving quite a bit though, its been, well, 3 weeks i think?!

Tough luck, everyone will get caught out one day, whether if its an accident or being nicked for no apparent reason.

Buy a Polo mk2 Coupe S.

I bought a Coupe Parade which was the same thing just without a rev counter and bolstered seats which it magically acquired on its own. :blink:

It was my very first Dub and 100 times more reliable than my Lupo. I never had one fault with it, bought it, took it home, gave it a service, had the cam belt and water pump changed for peace of mind and nothing went wrong with the 17 year old wee thing.

1.3 8V - 55bhp in a car that weighs 780kg. Slap on a weber carburettor and you magically get 10bhp out of no where and the renown sound of a weber carburettor.

SP_A0029Large.jpg

You know you want one! Especially considering I bought mine for £360!!!! :lol:

Not to mention I ragged the tits out of it every day, best thing about it was the carb and the manual choke conversion. carb icing anyone?

Nick.

Edited by Niche

They're awesome! I had a 1.05L 45hp square back for my first car! 144K and strong as an ox with its 4-speed box. I miss that loads, and likewise it had no problems. Had a bit of carb icing but mainly from the broken vacum flap on the air pipe.

My mk2 golf 1.3 had the same 55hp engine, but loads of carb cleaner kept the carb running well with its manual choke.

Those 1.3 engines despite having only 55hp rev really well and are bullet proof.

Ahh matey, those mk2's were the nuts, those were the days of bomb proof engines. The parcel shelf was so big you could actually put speakers on it and not look like a retard.

I sincerely miss my mk2 and with all the faults I've surpassed with my Lupo Sport I wish I'd never sold it. :(

I miss my mk2 golf, its now been turned into a rat vehicle by a local lad lol

But I miss my mk2 as it was the best handling car by a million miles espicially when i fully stripped everything out of her so it weighed next to nothing.

Here's my old beast just before i got rid of it for free :(

DSCF0052.jpg

In its prime time

rear.jpg

Edited by g-man85

I miss my mk2 golf, its now been turned into a rat vehicle by a local lad lol

But I miss my mk2 as it was the best handling car by a million miles espicially when i fully stripped everything out of her so it weighed next to nothing.

Here's my old beast just before i got rid of it for free :(

You got rid of it for free? Minge LOL.

The Polo wasn't too bad handling wise but what I liked about it was the way in which it handled, you could feel every part of the car working and you knew exactly when the back was going to pop out. As soon as I put those G40 alloys on it, it transformed the handling.

Absolutely destroys the Lupo on handling but being a modern car you just need to get used to the fact that there just smooth and feel like poo.

Polo = bendy chassis, good handling.

Lupo = stiff chassis, gay suspension and uber crap handling.