VW POLO 1.4 16v supercharged

t11pu

right guys and girls..ive got a vw polo 1.0L but i was thinking of putting a polo 1.4 16v AFH engine in then supercharging it just wanted to kow if this is possible and what is required to do the conversion..or if people know anywhere where i can get it done..also if the engine can handle it...the people from edition and clubpolo asked me to join n ask you lot seen how some of you have supercharged your lupo

cheers

tipu

how it stands

c4a0b1d6.jpg

Edited by t11pu

i have supercharged an AUB engine which i think is the same(ish) engine mine used to have 100bhp is the AFH 75bhp?

Ive put an eaton m45 on mine lowered the compression with a decompression plate and stuck larger injectors in, its running an aftermarket ecu and is now kicking out 171bhp. So far ive had this done a year and had no problems.

Hope that helps alittle.

i have supercharged an AUB engine which i think is the same(ish) engine mine used to have 100bhp is the AFH 75bhp?

Ive put an eaton m45 on mine lowered the compression with a decompression plate and stuck larger injectors in, its running an aftermarket ecu and is now kicking out 171bhp. So far ive had this done a year and had no problems.

Hope that helps alittle.

no the afh is 100bhp engine so its the same really...is that all you had done to supercharge it..i wont need any other parts will i..u couldnt give me a list of parts i need could u

cheers for the help

Edited by t11pu

bump

Yes its possible , you need to replace the rods and pistons, a decent supercharged setup on a 16v with give you over 230hp very easily.

A turbo conversion will get you alot more if done properly

Your base engine (AFH) is spot on , I really dont understand why people use the silly VW alloy block and later head to use for forced induction. The design is rubbish and the heads are even worse and need throwing in the bin.

Budget for an aftermarket ecu , because you'll need it.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes its possible , you need to replace the rods and pistons, a decent supercharged setup on a 16v with give you over 230hp very easily.

A turbo conversion will get you alot more if done properly

Your base engine (AFH) is spot on , I really dont understand why people use the silly VW alloy block and later head to use for forced induction. The design is rubbish and the heads are even worse and need throwing in the bin.

Budget for an aftermarket ecu , because you'll need it.

cheers mate..ermm dont really have a budget when it comes to my car

• 2 years later...