Anyone ever put 17s on a Lupo?

heartagram

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like that.

Can't be much worst thatn 175/50 Yokos + 350lb/inch springs :lol:

why are you running 350lb springs??!! bit excessive for road use isnt it?!

regarding running 17s on a lupo/arosa - how much research have you done into it? i am also considering fitting 17s to my arosa, but i still want it to be driveable. any idea what offset you need? i know its et37 - 40 for 16" rims, any different for an extra inch? what width rims are you thinking of using? im guessing no wider than 7", especially if youre going to use 165s.

Purely so it didn't rub when it was right down. Was on my old mk3 square. Was excessive but kept the car low without rubbing which was all I wanted.

I've not done any research into it mate. I'm just going to buy some wheels and make them fit. Where theres a will theres a way!!

No Way are you buying LMs Kam? Scene Whore!

ive got 17s on my lupo 205/40 they do rub if doing full lock with a couple of people in the car but i think the ET is wrong on them so check your ET before buying! there is also the problem that it can wind your diff up!

ive got 17s on my lupo 205/40 they do rub if doing full lock with a couple of people in the car but i think the ET is wrong on them so check your ET before buying! there is also the problem that it can wind your diff up!

What do you mean it can wind your diff up? Slightly confused!

I am planning on running around ET30ish with a 6" wide wheel. Tyres will be 165/35/17 so I'm hoping that will help the clearance! I wouldn't be surprised if the over all rolling radius was the same size as a 16' tyre.

Overall rolling radius on a 165/35/17 is smaller than a 195/45/15.

thats crazy!!

this might be a strange question, but do tyre pressures have to increase as the profile gets lower? you know, does a 165/50r15 need a higher pressure than a 205/50r15? im thinking along the lines of bicycle tyres - a fat mountain bike tyre will run about 30psi but a super skinny road bike tyre sometimes requires over 100psi.

:confused:

haha sorry ben

its GANGSTA

spelt phonetically

there's a arosa up the road sporting D90's are they 17's ? or 16's dont remember off the top of my head i'll go snap a pic of it later

Edited by Jowey