Other Fox owners, please post here

Redfox

Well, 700 miles up, not much to report. Nothing has failed, anyway. Easy car to wash! Not many awkward bits. Been driving carefully, mainly due to the seemingly endless fuel price hikes. Loads of other Foxes about around here, and the novelty of waving at them has worn off now, lol.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear you and your fox are getting along nicely!

I was thinking ................ I can only think of one fox in the readers rides section, i think we could do with more!

Doesnt matter how standard they are, get a thread going of your own car and show us what they are like. Then any modifacations, however small, you make you can update your thread.

We have threads of standard lupos and arosas, as some, like me, arnt into the modding thing so im sure there is room for standard fox owners too ;)

Hmmmm, maybe.......... It might be a dull read, mind.

eg Reversing out of my yard this morning, I caught the (foolish) neighbour's full wheelie bin on my passenger side and dragged it along a bit. Should have heard me cursing the silly sod! He'd left it so it was partially blocking my drive. Fortunately, can't see any damage. I think I was lucky. Feckin' eejit, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Went shopping at Morrisons tonight. Was in a bit of a rush and it was nearly closing time when I departed the store. Went to unlock my car door, but the key wouldn't turn. "Oh crap, maybe the lock is broken.", I think. Try the boot, same, key won't turn. Maybe the key itself is damaged? Looks okay.........

Now thinking, "Hell, I'm going to have to walk home and fetch my spare key." Then I notice how dirty my car has suddenly become. I just washed it at the weekend! Then I glimpse the number plate. It's a 57 reg.! Mine's an 08 plate! My car is actually further back in the (nearly empty!) car park. This car is nigh on identical, though, another red VW Fox. While I'm standing there just realising what's happened, the owner of this car is striding towards me looking none too pleased, lol. "I've just realised it's not my car!" I show him my VW key and keyring. "Aye, it's alright, mate.", he says, although his expression suggests otherwise. I get out of there............

Awful, eh? Maybe it's time I became one of Terry Wogan's Old Geezers, lol.

Edited by Redfox

Went shopping at Morrisons tonight. Was in a bit of a rush and it was nearly closing time when I departed the store. Went to unlock my car door, but the key wouldn't turn. "Oh crap, maybe the lock is broken.", I think. Try the boot, same, key won't turn. Maybe the key itself is damaged? Looks okay.........

Now thinking, "Hell, I'm going to have to walk home and fetch my spare key." Then I notice how dirty my car has suddenly become. I just washed it at the weekend! Then I glimpse the number plate. It's a 57 reg.! Mine's an 08 plate! My car is actually further back in the (nearly empty!) car park. This car is nigh on identical, though, another red VW Fox. While I'm standing there just realising what's happened, the owner of this car is striding towards me looking none too pleased, lol. "I've just realised it's not my car!" I show him my VW key and keyring. "Aye, it's alright, mate.", he says, although his expression suggests otherwise. I get out of there............

Awful, eh? Maybe it's time I became one of Terry Wogan's Old Geezers, lol.

haha awesome story mate :D mod your car so you can tell it's yours :P:P

not many foxes in my area i like to park next to them because i have the urban with alloys (and tinted windows) so it's always better than the one i park next to lol.

never seen another modded fox other than on this forum

A hello to everyone, just introducing myself too. im a newbie in process of modding my 08 black fox. Done 2000 miles so far, and touch wood no problems :D (apart from realising how often u really have to clean a black car!!!! my silver corsa hid the dirt quite well lol)

Hello, Sue Foxy and Black Vixen! Aye, took me a few days to get used to my Fox. You do sit quite high up, and those front pillars are a bit strange at first (and I'm a poor parker to start with). LIke I've said before, though, the Fox is a remarkably easy car to wash! Very few awkward bits to clean, mainly due to the unfussy styling.

1100 miles on mine now. No defects so far. Fuel economy seems to have improved a bit since I bought it. Still haven't been on a really long motorway run. Must engineer such a trip soon, lol.

Finally ....a new VW Fox forum!

Mines an '06, one of the first in East Yorkshire.

Had a few problems when first took delivery, boot catch wouldn't centrally lock, boot lock wouldn't manually open *helpful*, passenger mirror had glass missing and the small problem of pressing the brake pedal resulted in the brake lights not lighting unless you pummelled them into the floor. Persisted and it's a beut of a car, a couple of rattles here and there mainly in the roof lining and one behind the dash, approx 9000+ miles.

Had the rears tinted as dark as legally possible, matches nice with the black paint work.

Rich

Nice to see a VW Fox forum - I already found it useful when I too was looking for controls for the "rear" speakers in the back, only to discover that they are apparently empty :angry2: This was a big surprise after previously being a Jap car owner and everything comes as standard on them rather than as expensive extras.

At the risk of sounding sexist, the Fox is definitely a girly car. Don't think I've seen any blokes driving them yet! :rolleyes:

At the risk of sounding sexist, the Fox is definitely a girly car. Don't think I've seen any blokes driving them yet!

You think so? Even though (this base model I have, anyway) it has naff all extras, and isn't considered to be a stylish car at all? I would have said the opposite is true. It's a stripped down, almost ulitarian vehicle in many ways. Anyhow, I sure as Hell ain't no "girly"!

At the risk of sounding sexist, the Fox is definitely a girly car. Don't think I've seen any blokes driving them yet!

You think so? Even though (this base model I have, anyway) it has naff all extras, and isn't considered to be a stylish car at all? I would have said the opposite is true. It's a stripped down, almost ulitarian vehicle in many ways. Anyhow, I sure as Hell ain't no "girly"!

My sincere apologies, Redfox ! Perhaps it is just because I have only seen other girls driving them - so far. Stripped down it most certainly is and the high up driving position does make me feel a bit like a lorry driver at times - but that's all part of the fun ! I hope to get more used to it soon. It took me a day or so to get used to the indicators and wipers being on the wrong "stick". Yes, I know - that is very girly. I'd say it has character !

My sincere apologies, Redfox ! Perhaps it is just because I have only seen other girls driving them - so far. Stripped down it most certainly is and the high up driving position does make me feel a bit like a lorry driver at times - but that's all part of the fun ! I hope to get more used to it soon. It took me a day or so to get used to the indicators and wipers being on the wrong "stick". Yes, I know - that is very girly. I'd say it has character !

No apologies ever necessary on here! Post what you think is true and stand by it.

Confused, though........... Are you both FoxyUK and FoxUK?!

No apologies ever necessary on here! Post what you think is true and stand by it.

Confused, though........... Are you both FoxyUK and FoxUK?!

I am - I forgot the password first of all for Foxy so rejoined as Fox and now can't delete the second one. But yes, I am one and the same fox ....

Righto........

I take your point about all the controls bunged onto the column stalks. I'm used to having separate headlight controls on the dashboard. The Fox controls work well enough, but I'd still put it down to costcutting on VW's part. That glove box is a bit of a joke, too.

• 1 month later...

1700 miles up now. No problems. Got to the stage where I couldn't imagine driving anything else, lol. Bought a boxed town and trail bike the other week, fro Halfords. Managed to fit it in the Fox, just. Another couple of inches and I would have been stuck.

Summary:- nothing to report.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, 08 fox in red, done 2500 already in 6 weeks. Only bad thing is had to have passenger seat material changed under warranty as it was starting to fray. Great car though, just needs a bit more ummpphhh

Hello, PJ. A new post at last. I'd almost given up!

Nobody has sat in the back in my Fox yet, lol. 2200 miles up now (four and a half months). No problems at all, touch wood. You think they're slow? I don't agree. Enough go for my needs (although, I don't often carry passengers, so I'm travelling light). The slick gearchange helps with quick getaways, too.

There quick compered to other cars in there class. I can carry 4 with no probs, also because of the room in the back they are comfortable for longer trips.

I am gearing up for my yearly trip down south aprox 300 mile which last year the little Fox did without breaking a sweat

I have just put a new stereo in and some new speakers in the back (thinking of putting a how to up for the rear speakers if anyone is interested)

No i don't think they are slow, never said that. Just would like a bit more, i actually think it's quite nippy.

I actually have come from a 6 months old lotus elise R but needed to sell cos my house aint sold so bought a cheap new

car to bob around in. So going from 0-60 in 5secs to 17secs is quite a drop lol. But needs must and to be honest I am quite

taken with this little car! :D

Edited by pauljack

I was just agreeing with redfox. I was making the point that a citroen c1 is as nippy as a dead cat, the fox has more touqe than most if not all rivels, even some in the supermini class.

I was not trying to get at you.

Do you think VW will introduce more Fox models in the UK, possibly using different engines, or will they just replace it with a completely new model? I ask because I can easily imagine myself (unless something goes drastically wrong with htis one in the next four years!) buying another one, so long as the price doesn't increase much.

I would like to see more versions but i doubt they will bother. It is supposed to be a cheap car so making it expensive seems pointless. The Renault Twingo has dearer

versions but am not sure how well that is selling? Having said that, i saw the renaultsport version of the twingo at the motorshow recently and thought it was nice. But it is 11.5k.

I just wonder how much faster the 1.4 fox is than the 1.2 version? anyone drove it? For me, i see the fox as a 12 month prospect and then i will see. Maybe next the 1.4 fox or maybe the new polo? not sure? Is it just us 3 posting on here lol

cheers

Edited by pauljack

Aye, it's not exactly over populated on here, lol.

You know they have a 1.6 petrol Fox in South America? And a turbo diesel? There's an ultra cheapo 1 litre model, too.

The 1.4 has 74 bhp on tap, so it should be quite a bit quicker. Worse mpg, higher insurance group, and more emissions, though. As well as the price premium. I never considered buying any Fox but the base model, myself.

No i only considered the 1.2 as it makes sense that way. I paid 6100 for mine new from a dealer just the standard version with a colour pack and mats etc. Thought it was a good car for 6k! The 1.4 would have been a grand dearer, didn't think it was worth it for what i needed it for! I could have had a new polo for the price of a 1.4 fox. Mind you i thought the 1.2 60ps polo was really slow. Not sure why?

Would like the extra power of the 1.4 fox now tho lol