MG ZR

HappyGilmoore

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you might be pissing in the wind there!

would anyone really want to ever own a rover? :blink:

I'd love one

NOT..... :P

hmmmm, lets have a think....

I owned rover metro gti (j reg). Had 4 head gaskets go in 2 1/2 years, split 2 fuel tanks, eventually rotted thru the boot by the nearside suspension turret. Eventually got written off by a hgv (light panel damage, but was only worth about £300!). Then bought a Rover 200 vi, P reg, in summer of 2003. Brilliant car for 3 1/2 months, until the engine threw a camshaft pully bolt at 75mph on the way out of Bournemouth. Going back to Staffordshire. Spent a month off the road sourcing new engine and having it fitted, only to crash on the day I got it back (low dazzling sun on a wet road, fool screeched to a dead stop at lights the INSTANT they turned amber, instead of continueing like any normal person would do, bloke behind her rammed her up the ass as was about an inch behind, I had no room as the abs decided not to work! and kissed the back of the second car, doing £800 damage to the front of mine!) THEN failed 3 months later due to headgasket failure. Also had many random buzzes and vibrations that could never be sourced, let alone fixed. Oh and fried 4 ecu's until some bright spark diagnosed it as a bad earth connection, at £120 each. Then the immobiliser randomly cut power just after starting the engine. Discovered due to Rover skimping on wire and the immobiliser wire burnt through partly, shorting out the immobilser and cutting the engine!

Oh I could go on for weeks.

Bought Lupo GTi in June 2007, has just had belts done and a recent interim service, Midland Vw said that there was nothing wrong with anything underneath the car, it is running like clockwork(yes kiss of death I know!) and it was in great nick.

This is the first pain free year's driving in the last 9. You would do well to rid yourself of the evil that is the Rover 200/25/MG ZR, but you won't find anyone on here buying it mate! You will however have a great car if you pick up a good Loop GTi. Do it.

piss takin ****s!

Sorry, but are you surprised?

Welcome by the way.

Sell your Rover and then buy a GTi, You'll love it!

:rolleyes:

It's fukin affording 1, thats the problem! o wel my zr is quicker no dout!

They are holding value yes but they are starting to drop now, just slowly.

However, 1.4 105ps, your sadly mistaken there :)

Good luck with the hunt

hmmmm, lets have a think....

I owned rover metro gti (j reg). Had 4 head gaskets go in 2 1/2 years, split 2 fuel tanks, eventually rotted thru the boot by the nearside suspension turret. Eventually got written off by a hgv (light panel damage, but was only worth about £300!). Then bought a Rover 200 vi, P reg, in summer of 2003. Brilliant car for 3 1/2 months, until the engine threw a camshaft pully bolt at 75mph on the way out of Bournemouth. Going back to Staffordshire. Spent a month off the road sourcing new engine and having it fitted, only to crash on the day I got it back (low dazzling sun on a wet road, fool screeched to a dead stop at lights the INSTANT they turned amber, instead of continueing like any normal person would do, bloke behind her rammed her up the ass as was about an inch behind, I had no room as the abs decided not to work! and kissed the back of the second car, doing £800 damage to the front of mine!) THEN failed 3 months later due to headgasket failure. Also had many random buzzes and vibrations that could never be sourced, let alone fixed. Oh and fried 4 ecu's until some bright spark diagnosed it as a bad earth connection, at £120 each. Then the immobiliser randomly cut power just after starting the engine. Discovered due to Rover skimping on wire and the immobiliser wire burnt through partly, shorting out the immobilser and cutting the engine!

Which is why no one wants a rover! Although by the second head gasket change n a metro it would be on its way to be crushed if it was mine!

Although Puntos are just as bad for headgaskets!

It's fukin affording 1, thats the problem! o wel my zr is quicker no dout!

No i think your wrong there. I did hear someone say that their 75bhp lupo was almost as quick as their friends 1.4 MG. Plus you dont go through a head gasket every 2000 mines! So you would struggle to be faster than a 1.4 100 sport, a GTi will be much quicker, im sure you'll love the GTi :)

Still though they can make for a good car, id get the diesel one if i had to :lol:

Edited by cardaft

The GTi Lupo out performs ZR 160, Goes round corners quicker, out performs mid range but is on paper half a second to 60 slower, ive been many a time challenged by these cars and had to show them whos boss.

The loops quicker than a 1.8T golf, so definatly quicker than the ZR160. And could pull away in 2nd or mabe even 3rd and still beat the ZR105 to 60.

However Your ZR105 bag of crap gets to 60 in just over 10 seconds.... slower than the 100BHP lupo. But its quicker than the GTi? Rofl

Can some admin please lock this thread.... This ****star just came on here for an arguement.

John

Think you have touched a sore subject here to be honest HappyGilmoore with your radical comments, you dont really have a clue what your talking about so i wouldnt bother.

stick to 'pimping' up your rover

The MG ZR 1.4 105 is a bag of nuts! For starters '105'....refers to 'ps' so its only 101hp.

Top's out at 111mph and hits 60mph in 10secs flat??

Funny how you see more MG ZR's for sale than Lupo Sports/GTI's.........

Can't see how speaking on a lupo forum will gain you kudos in that manner.

You have to remember the Lupo GTI's come at a premium for a reason, and the reason why they cost the amount they do is because they are ace cars. You don't get something for nothing which is why MG's and Rovers are cheap cars now.

Chirs (Cardaft) - Behave about MG ZR dervs! Avoid like a shemale! mate had one and you don't even want to know what happend to it......40K one engine blew up....replacement with 30k in...5k later.....headgasket starts going/turbo seals....so off it went before it blew up again. Also my Arosa used to push it down the bypass when having some fun ;)

don't lock the thread, the guy just wants to sell his MG to UPGRADE!!! to a loop gti!

however i do agree the gti would cain your mg, possibly in reverse too :lol: hehe oj mate

hope you get rid soon though...

Jeez, give the guy a break. He's seen the light.

The only mmistake he made was to think someone might want to swap a Lupo for his Rover.

C'mon Happy get that Rover sold and join in the Lupo Love.

:blush:

Jeez, give the guy a break. He's seen the light.

The only mmistake he made was to think someone might want to swap a Lupo for his Rover.

C'mon Happy get that Rover sold and join in the Lupo Love.

:blush:

listen to the man, he talks sense... ;)

Chirs (Cardaft) - Behave about MG ZR dervs! Avoid like a shemale! mate had one and you don't even want to know what happend to it......40K one engine blew up....replacement with 30k in...5k later.....headgasket starts going/turbo seals....so off it went before it blew up again. Also my Arosa used to push it down the bypass when having some fun ;)

Oh really :wacko:

I was under the impression, well no i had a breif thought that the 2.0 diesel was the BWM diesel, but its not is it, thats Landrovers :lol: Ah dear :blink:

Headgaskets are the main killer for rovers, didnt know the diesels suffered quite as bad though.

I recon the poorly designed headgaskets were a big cause for the death of rover, i mean how many headgaskets must they have had to replace under warranty!

Whoah! Two pages on slagging MG's off!

My mate had a ZR, says it's the only one of his 8 cars that he misses. He loved it. Dunno why. :lol:

Good luck on the Lupo hunt.