Are Arosa headlights interchangable?

arosa2000

Just thinking, is it possible to put the new style headlights onto an older arosa pre year 2001?

Im guessing you would need the front wings of the later version too.

I have the older arosa (see left pic) and below is the later Arosa.

Mini_Arosa_Av.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Any thoughts?

the whole bonnet looks a different shape as well, you'd probably need to get the entire front done. is possible, i know a guy with an Impreza 7 (bug eye one) and he has had it turned into an Impreza 8(present one) and you'd never know the difference. expensive I imagine though unless you can get parts off a rear ended one from a breakers yard!

I'm pretty sure you would need new front wings, bonnet and bumper. From a breakers it probably wouldn't be too pricey. It is possibly that the mountings might be different for the front bumper though. That could be easily overcome with a bit of welding and cutting though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> You'd probably also want the rear bumper off an S2 as well as it doesn't have the horizontal lines on it.

TBH the S1s can look great anyway with aftermarket bits. There is the Audi RS2 look front bumper that looks really good and it won't fit the newer bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

i know its a swear word in the world of the enthusiasts, but "max power" had a 1 litre s1 arosa...

it was quite nice the last time i saw it; red, slammed, 15's, window tints, everything was body coloured...

not too over the top, well, they may have put a huge wing on it and graphics later on but, hey, its max power, lol...

• 3 weeks later...