TA Technix coilovers

mk1_polo

phil jackson is doing these for a good price, tempted to get some when i eventually get a 16v arosa..

is anyone on here running them? how low do they go? easy to fit? good and bad points?

please.

How much is he doing them for? and where do i get them?

Mines the same, rear all the way with ring out and front about 20mm left but on 16's.

I think there spot on for the money, not much better if any than fk highsports.

sounds good to me, what tyres are you running on your 16s, and what width are the wheels? what arch mods have you done?

not really much on a GTi with the wider track, i have mine pulled as much as possible and i still think i have neg camber. Apparently filing the mounting holes is the trick don't know if my garage will do that tho.

i got mine yesterday and fitted them today. They seem very good quality for the money and the ride quality is alot better than i had expected. They arent too bad to fit considering i have never done anything to a car ever before and fitted these in just over 3 hours on my own and having no idea what to do. Will post some pix tomorrow if i get a chance.

now for some new wheels :)

Edited by deathhead

i got mine yesterday and fitted them today. They seem very good quality for the money and the ride quality is alot better than i had expected. They arent too bad to fit considering i have never done anything to a car ever before and fitted these in just over 3 hours on my own and having no idea what to do. Will post some pix tomorrow if i get a chance.

now for some new wheels :)

Good job!

Need pics though :).....the rears dont go low enough, only thing for me :(

Good job!

Need pics though :).....the rears dont go low enough, only thing for me :(

I left the rear adjuster and the thing the adjuster goes onto off and just sat the spring onto the frame, im very happy with the result on the rear. It will prob drop a wee bit lower over time, my lowering springs did after a few months.

Edited by deathhead

I left the rear adjuster and the thing the adjuster goes onto off and just sat the spring onto the frame, im very happy with the result on the rear. It will prob drop a wee bit lower over time, my lowering springs did after a few months.

Hardcore :shades: So you just used the spring on the rear, thats what im onto now...bit better but im on 16's which just doesnt help i think?

You know with the original vw springs you have those rubber-y inserts that screw into the top of the spring where it contacts the car. Well did you lot transfer those over to the new springs or leave them out? Because if I take those out I could get it another couple mm lower.. Or is that dangerous..