JUST GOT PULLED

OPS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i did last week and mine just has one space in the rong place, got it sorted now seeing as there botherd about it these days. I asked if they pulled over the really expensive cars with the plates spaced illegally and they said yeah all the time. Someone driving a bently isent going to care bout a 30 pound fine tho!

your the 4th person ive heard that has been pulled for them since last friday that ive heard of, 2 of them have been just down the road from me.

im debaiting where to sell my private reg coz of it now as it looks crap when its spaced propperly (W17 KOD but i run it W17KO D)

yeah i did last week and mine just has one space in the rong place, got it sorted now seeing as there botherd about it these days. I asked if they pulled over the really expensive cars with the plates spaced illegally and they said yeah all the time. Someone driving a bently isent going to care bout a 30 pound fine tho!

if they get caught one more time they can have their private reg taken off them.....

Yup, I got done just before Christmas, and again a week ago. Back to UK plates now. :(

Apparently the DVLA haven't issued a Q plate since the new style '51' registrations came out, and they're pretty unlikely to confiscate private registrations.

That was silly...

The first time I got pulled over for them was two days after my bike accident. I had my arm in a sling with a broken collarbone. Lucky I managed to get my arm back in my sleeve before they noticed!

Yup, I got done just before Christmas, and again a week ago. Back to UK plates now. :(

Apparently the DVLA haven't issued a Q plate since the new style '51' registrations came out, and they're pretty unlikely to confiscate private registrations.

they wil take a private plate off of you for repeat offences. unfortunately they have the right, the dvla still own the plates

your the 4th person ive heard that has been pulled for them since last friday that ive heard of, 2 of them have been just down the road from me.

im debaiting where to sell my private reg coz of it now as it looks crap when its spaced propperly (W17 KOD but i run it W17KO D)

Daz you know you wont sell your plate, its possibly the best suited one you could get and plus you got it for a decent price

and they're pretty unlikely to confiscate private registrations.

Oh yes they will and frequently do, for precisely the reasons on here - i.e. misrepresentation. You don't own the registration mark ever, merely the right to display it on your vehicle. If you don't do it properly, they will withdraw it and issue your vehicle with it's original registration mark or an age related one.

To quote an interview in Auto Express

Remember, incorrect spacing of numbers and letters is illegal, although it happens often, as people try to contrive words or names. Strategically placed fixing screws aren’t allowed, either, and if the police report a car as being misrepresented – the official name for misspacing – the DVLA can withdraw the plate without compensating drivers. “Every customer is told about the law, so there’s no comeback if the advice is ignored,” said a DVLA spokesman.

I'd quite enjoy seeing the look on MR 51NGH's face if he got that fateful letter in the post (£80000+VAT+commission down the pan). Having said that, I'm sure he is a respectable pillar of the community and wouldn't do such a thing.

Edited by IDGM

Ive been pulled over:

Once for my getman plates - Fined me, but put on the indorsement that the car was a golf! - So got away with it! - Stupid

Once for not having insurance when i did! - Idiotic

Once for drink driving... Which i wasnt! - Damn right annoying

Once for innopropriate use of headlights and horn. lol - Funny

All the times i had my german plates on.... Police are a bit non onservent some times lol

Once more for my plates and im going back to english.

John