the saxo

sTeVe-O

dont see what car rivalrys about myself.

but people here dont seem to like them because there "chav" cars or whatever.

if you ask me its nto the car its the person whos modding it.

for example.

i dont think ive seen a sexier car thats something differnt from the norm than bens from fast car mags saxo.

feel free to drool on your keyboard...

181X1441.jpg

The problem is they get stereotyped. I know I do it myself, but that's because, living near Torquay, 90% of the saxos I see are chavved up.

feel free to drool on your keyboard...

181X1441.jpg

If done tastefully, they can look really good, that being a perfect example.

Problem is quite a few people opt for the 'halfords ramraid' look instead.

i used to have a vts and i'll stick my head on the line by saying that it was one of the most fun cars i've had/driven.

they handle amazingly even straight out the box, and the vts really is a rapid car. even on coilovers my lupo gti wasn't a match for the saxo's handling.

there are plenty of stripped out slagged saxo's around, just take a look on the saxo forums, even 99% of them hate bodykitted saxo's. there are plenty of supercharged and throttle bodied ones around, with loads of other rather quick ones around with aftermarket cams.

I think they are good little cars and the one pictured looks nice, but the interior is nasty and you feel like your driving in a tin shed LOL thats the reason i would never consider buying one.

Dont mind the VTS's being slightly quicker, so long as im not driving a cheap plasticy tin shed.

I think they are good little cars and the one pictured looks nice, but the interior is nasty and you feel like your driving in a tin shed LOL thats the reason i would never consider buying one.

Dont mind the VTS's being slightly quicker, so long as im not driving a cheap plasticy tin shed.

the interior in the one pictured is fu*king gorgeous.

the interior in the one pictured is fu*king gorgeous.

It might be covered in nice leather etc, but either way id tend to disagree. Not only are the Saxo interiors plasticy and naff, but they look absolutely naff aswell. It's like being in an old Leyland Daff van, probably worse actually.

But like you say, im sure the one pictured is vastly improved.

i cant understand why people like spraying their car a bright insipid yellow or green. then add bumpers that look like theyve been parked next to a blast furnace and melted.

I used to have a 106 which is basically a saxo (it had a saxo rear beam and anti-roll bar's) and it was a great car, there's nothing inherently wrong with them its just theyre cheap, available and have got plenty of parts citroen nailed the boy racer seen on the head with the saxo. which is a shame cos that means the chavs can afford them.

the vts on the other hand, proper tool!

Great colour, great car and come on guys.

When I bought my Lupo I got it brand new, it was a 1.0 with metalic paint but no other options.

I paid more for my Lupo than I could have spent buying a VTR with a years free insurance.

The Saxo was a better buy, and defenatlly the better car.

If my feet had fit on the pedals correctly I would have choose the Saxo any day of the year.

Great colour, great car and come on guys.

When I bought my Lupo I got it brand new, it was a 1.0 with metalic paint but no other options.

I paid more for my Lupo than I could have spent buying a VTR with a years free insurance.

The Saxo was a better buy, and defenatlly the better car.

If my feet had fit on the pedals correctly I would have choose the Saxo any day of the year.

:blink:

My god. Tigz?!

Its such a shame so many morons got hold of saxos and ruined them. They could be and are lovely cars.

VTR's / VTS's So much performance for your pennies-even new.

Personally if i was going to buy one now i would probably go for a 106 GTi purely because of the bad rep the saxo has and I prefer the interior of the 106.

Its different cars for different people though, if we were all the same we would all drive the same cars.

grandad brown paint

tan interior

shiney bits

that saxo ticks all the boxes

yeh they are the new nova as far as the modding scene goes

there is so much you can do with but most people do the 'halfords' to them...but they are still biscuits tins on wheels

but they are still biscuits tins on wheels

Thats as maybe, but it also means they are very light and handle well, they dont need huge engines to get them moving either!

Our old 1.1 MPI saxo was nippy for what it was. Put that engine in a lupo and it would bearly move due to the lack or torque.

Thats the thing with new little cars, they are heavy things so slow and cumbersom. Weight ruins cars! :)

Although light cars are generally very unsafe! but who cares about that ;)

grandad brown paint

tan interior

shiney bits

that saxo ticks all the boxes

yeh they are the new nova as far as the modding scene goes

there is so much you can do with but most people do the 'halfords' to them...but they are still biscuits tins on wheels

grandad brown?

tan interior?

shiney bits?

sorry im puzzled, i tohught you were trying to make a point then....

:lol: