mk1 Arosa

deathhead

well, here it is, was gonna do some work to it like new wheels, bump strips off etc... but am saving for a mk2 tdi so its staying as it is. its in really good shape considering i picked it up for £1000 quid with 70 000 on the clock and full service history. Bodywork is perfect but the paint was a bit neglected when i got it, got that sorted with a good 4 hours of polishing.

Edited by deathhead

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers. Drove a tdi last weekend and was very surprised at how nippy it was. Alot better than i had expected. Was kinda hard to get back into my car after it. My wee sdi hasnt really let me down yet though so cant be too harsh on it.

Edited by deathhead

Im really thinking of keeping the mk1 and modding it saying there isnt as many of them around. I need coilovers, wheres the best place to get them for a good price.

cheers

where bouts ya from. i no a fella selling a loverly set of wheels that came off his black lupo. they looked fantastic. cant remember the make though. he also has a suspension kit i sold him. could prob get it off him for a decent price if u jus want a quick fix while ur saving. 60mm cobra kit.

glen

where bouts ya from. i no a fella selling a loverly set of wheels that came off his black lupo. they looked fantastic. cant remember the make though. he also has a suspension kit i sold him. could prob get it off him for a decent price if u jus want a quick fix while ur saving. 60mm cobra kit.

glen

Im from Portadown. I think im gonna keep the car now, gonna go and get the bumpers smoothed out and bumpstrips off and a set of coilovers.

If you have any pics of the wheels , email me them.

• 4 weeks later...

my arosa is now on coilovers, debadged and dewipered rear also. bump stripsoff, debadged front grill and new wheels should be on this week.

Photo-0027.jpg

Photo-0026.jpg

Photo-0028.jpg

Photo-0030.jpg

images.jpg

Edited by deathhead

Nice arosa mate, same as mines! :shades:

how low are you ? just wondering if you got any quotes on smoothing the front and back. so far ive gotten ridiculous estimates!

Atm im just working on how to put a lupo sport centre exhuast on, because the wheel well hangs down too low so gonna be a problem!

At a pure guess id say its 90 ml lower. The best quote i had got for smoothing bumpers was 350 quid. Most smooth theirs so be different and dont ;)

lookin good. get the toy back lights off and ur onto a winner mes thinks. u get ur wheels delivered yet......

Glen

i put the new wheels on this morning, will have some pix up later all being well. Im on the lookout for new rear lights.

Edited by deathhead

heres a couple of the car on new wheels,

obviously not the most expensive or highest quality wheel about but i really like them and they fitted my budget.

Photo-0001-1.jpg

Photo-0003.jpg

Edited by deathhead

im pretty sure you could get spacers no problem, or just buy the wheels in a different offset, like et 20 or something, then theyll sit out alot more.

Edited by deathhead