Arosa Racer

DubDub

Have posted this in reaaders rides too but thought it more appropriate here for you guys.

The Arosa Racer 1.6L 125bhp (forgive me if this has been posted before :oops: )

Mini_Arosa_Av.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> Mini_Arosa_Coffre.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> Mini_Arosa_Ar.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> Mini_Arosa_Console.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> Mini_Arosa_Siege.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

For Larger Images go here...

http://tuning94.free.fr/Seat_News.htm

The Arosa Racer is a `mini-sportscar` with dynamic looks that are likely to be seen on a future competition car. Weight reduction has been achieved by the removal of interior furnishings such as the rear seats and side panelling, making the Arosa Racer sportingly minimalist and designed to enhance driving pleasure. Bucket seats, four point racing harnesses and 15" exclusive alloy wheels are also part of the package.

Developed jointly by the SEAT Technical Centre and SEAT Sport Research & Development, the Arosa Racer is powered by a 125bhp 1.6 MPi 16 valve engine. Front wheel drive, `6-speed` gearbox, sports suspension and larger wheels combine to ensure an involving drive.

Yea we all think its a shame they didn't bring it into production, but the thing that annoys me more now is that no companies developed copies (similar design) of the front and rear bumpers for us to have sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• 5 weeks later...

shame that one cos its a nice concept and I bet with the low weight it was super fast.....but can understand why they didnt make it cos they hardly sold any sports.....and really its amazing anyone makes aftermarket parts at all for an arosa given theres so few of them on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

all i can say is that i think that they only reason that they never built the arosa racer as vw were afraid it would be competition of the vw lupo gti and they could loose sales , also whats this i have heard from my seat garage that they are stopping production of the arosa in a few months and has anybody seen the suposed "new shape " lupo for 2005 yet ???

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />+-->

QUOTE(one litre wonder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)
all i can say is that i think that they only reason that they never built the arosa racer as vw were afraid it would be competition of the vw lupo gti and they could loose sales

I wouldnt think that was the case mate.

VW as a comany wouldnt really be losing sales for a couple of reasons.

1.If people buy one instead of a Loop... its still a VAG aint it?

2.Because the people who bought a GTi experiance, enjoy a luxurious interior, that isnt what you would get with that model realy.

I think they didnt buld it, as ther wouldnt be enough buyng it to warrent the cost of building it.

Yeah, but against a stripped out GTi....? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Swings & roundabouts...

That said, if the machine was made I'd be hell of a tempted, it looks ace! The stripped out interior doesnt matter one bit - the loop aint exactly a family car is it? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I love me lupo, but certainly like the Arosa too - theres a gleaming metallic royal blue `late-style` TDi I see regularly up here & I always think it would be great with white 16's, recaros & a bit of tuning!

• 2 months later...

Belive me 15" alloys Stripped interiors and buckets are the way forward. Through the twistys... bliss. Shoppings a lot easier now as well!