Important GTI International Information!

MattyB

You wont BELIEVE this.

I've had a letter today off them, describing the "changes" - baisically there are to be NO MORE CLUB STANDS :0

Don't ask me why - but Autometrix are really fvcking GTI Inty up...they had enough complaints last year. To sum up their 2 page letter...

--

"A few select clubs" (which includes us) can buy a Trade Space, at the cost of £25 for a 5m x 10m area to display their cars. You also get 2 spaces in the "trade car park" which is out of the way, but nearby. These are reserved for the support staff when you buy a trade area.

You can, if you wish, purchase TWO trade areas giving double space and 4 reserved car park spaces. But thats £50 for the day.

If you chose this route, cars must be in before 9am (or they close the barrier) and cannot, under any circumstances, move until 5pm.

--

They want to know by 13th Feb if we want this space (or spaces). But to be honest, your only going for fit about 4 cars in there (they state there can be NO overhand from your area) and its not cheap to buy either.

What do ya wanna do?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im up for a convoy too or a close meeting point.

Just one thing to remember Ladies and Gentlemen! last year on Saturday and Sunday there were Police with laser speed guns dotted around the roads near to Bren****ers park :0

Keep it legal!

lol

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

s****hope is the same lol sc**thorpe

i'm supposed to be getting loads of body work done and a new stereo install built up and new wheels all to show off at GTI international I dont know if it's worth rushing it all through now if my cars gonna be stuck in a car park where no one will see it properly.

I might ask the bodyshop if they want to buy a stand for my lupo and also the VW Bora that they have done work on to be displayed!

look i dont mind but i would really like to have the stand still ive spent near 4 grand on my car so i would like to show my car even if i paid for the space myself and split the cost with whoever wanted to join me

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

kiddub i'll join you on the stand as i'll have the work mostly done on mine by then too, (smoothed lupo running on 17's!)

thats two of us another two maybe? then it's only £10.25 each for both days.

does the trade stand thing also include admitance tickets for myself and a passenger if so it aint that bad a price.

also i'll make some banners and give a bit of an advert for the clublupo stand for anyone else not on the stand.

I dont know what to say.

Why change things now?

Im not paying for a ****in trade stand Im not sellin anything!

I want to show off my car with everyone elses, not have to park in a car park somewhere!

What we gonna do people? mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I would go on the trade stand but id rather park with everyone else in the car park. Im not even sure if i can be arsed to go now. Im gutted cos i was gonna put a new system in for the occassion, no rush now. ???

We could try for another show but we could be too late.

Doncaster was booked up when I tried to book it for us in November!

I feel the same as you Max. But feck the barstuards, we'll sort something out im sure.

Forgive my ignorance but what does RWYB stand for?

Ive never been to Gti inty before or any serious show for that matter so not sure how bad the implications of not having a stand are but getting everyone together in a record convoy, albeit even if it is only for a mile or so and seeing everyone and the show for the first time is not gonna keep me away stand or no stand. Ive spent a fortune so far this year on the car cant wait to get there. . . . . biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lets set up a committee meeting at the northampton meet lol

RWYB

Run What Ya Brung

his a list of shows

i know of

March `27-28` The Fash Show (`Santa-Pod`)

May `1-3` Big Bang VW Festival (`Santa-Pod`)

May 16 Redline Rumble (`Santa-Pod`)

July 11 GTI Festival VW (`Santa-Pod`)

July `23-25` Bug Jam VW (`Santa-Pod`)

August `6-8` Ultimate Street Car (`Santa-Pod`)

just a few suggestions guys for meets

:sigh: