Tail Lights / Rear Lights Lupo

Lupo Loopy

Hello,

I'm ashamed to admit that my Loop has the dreaded Lexus tail lights,

VW70L69.jpg

the only redeeming factor is that they were on it when I bought it, not inflicted on the car by me!

Obviously they have to go, I'm not a big fan of the standard lights, but are these better or worse than the Lexus yak? anwers on a postcard please, or even better forum reply

Cheers

LL

3c67_1.JPG

Edited by Lupo Loopy

They could be worse i suppose but i wouldnt go for those.

What colour is your lupo?

Darker ones might be better, there is one type that isnt too bad, cartn thing of what its callled though.

I still think standard lights are better, but the normal lupo lights are a little boring, cambridge ones are much better, if you dont know they are just the normal lights with a tinted indicator lense.

What about mk2 arosa lights, the black ones? Like mine have, they are a little different and my favorite light :)

Hello. I bought Black Arosa Rear Lights for my Lupo. But they're not as dark as I thought they were going to be. Is there any way of removing the protective plastic casing and spraying/painting the black background bit so it matches the black of the car? Because its kind of a faded greyish colour really isnt it? Or would I just have to tint the protective plastic case?

I saw someone with a red arosa who had the red arosa rear lights and they had painted them the same colour as their car and removed the protective case and it looked ace. Been looking for pictures on here but can't find them, the car was pictured in Performance magazine me thinks.

Really like them lights that Cardaft linked to, anyone know where you can get them and at what price?

Edited by tiernz

I think the car you mean is carlos arosas old car, although its been passed around quite a lot since then, no idea where it is now, but there is pics of that on here somewhere.

TO get the clear plastic off you need to melt the seal i think, then it comes off, but i dont think you would get them on neatly after that. So its either keep them how they are or leave the cover off which does look a bit crap as the light wont sit flush with the booth then.

I think the lights are dark enough personally, but i can understand you wanting to colour code them, but you would need to do it well with a gloss finish.

I'm in three minds now. Try to somehow darken up my arosa lights (can see what you mean now about how it might not sit right with the boot without the plastic case). Sell the arosa lights and buy Cambridge rear lights. Or sell the arosa lights and get some of them lights that you linked tot. But I wouldn't even know where to get them or what they are at the moment? Any ideas?

Or option number 4, buy a burberry cap, start smoking roll-ups, buy lexus rear lights, sell the lupo and get a corsa avec a fat body kit, INNIT!

Yeah you dont really want to be going for a corsa!

Have you tried the arosa lights on your car?

Now you have them you might as well, i think they will look pretty smart but then i do like them lights.

Just take yours and and place them in and see what you think, although they wont work right because the wireing needs a little changing but you will get to see how they look.

Post up some pics when you do so we can see :)

Cambridge lights are the only other option really, other than the linked ones.

I put those on the wife's anthracite TDi Sport as she thought the standard lights were "too red" for the car :D

FK Automotive make them.

The only prob we've had is that normal clear brake/side light bulbs look pink, the red plastic covers aren't thick/dark enough, especially while braking so had to replace the bulbs with red LED efforts which look :shades:

Steve

mine had the dreaded lexus lights that you have mate.

i think they look ok on certain colours.

the ones that are on the s21 plate lupo are the best i think thats on the link.

The standard arosa 1's on the phase 2 arosa have different posisitions 4 the lights so the wiring is awkward.