Money...

Silver!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scary when you see how many graduates these developing countries churn out. Asia has over 1000 graduates in science, maths and engineering to every 1 from europe. Soon 2 or more degrees per person will be common place for some jobs.

So my predictions... the gap between the have, and have nots will get bigger and bigger.

Everybody is screwed!

be interesting to see what happens, always be a place fro skilled manual labour - see how much plumbers get paid now for example. The rich getting richer may move locations to other parts of the world if the poor start impacting on their lives. The greater the gap the more likely the two or three tier system will develop (already private health for one and nhs for the other, private school and public etc. in the uk) if the poor can't see a way out to get richer then crime is bound to increase as more people want what they can't afford. The opposite might be true as well though, lots of super wealthy people have given a way a large proportion of their welth recently as they realise it is more beneficial to put it back into society. Money after all does not bring happiness and could make you even more of a target for crime etc. in the future. With all the food scares and stress people might realise it's the quality of life that is more important and let their jobs take a back seat in their lives. Untimately the guy that works 8 hours a day sweeping the streets is working just as hard if not harder than the guy in the high flying city job doing an 8 hour day in his fancy office.

Edited by Crusoe

I am going to set up a tribe in the middle of the outback.....

Solar power, find me a little creek and grow me some potato's

I am going to set up a tribe in the middle of the outback.....

Solar power, find me a little creek and grow me some potato's

I heard beaver creek was a good place to pitch your tent

Surely if he was loaded, he'd have the porsche to go with the wheels!! Lol

I'm not earning anywhere near enough and it's starting to depress me....

Other than that, i'm happy where i'm working coz i can read CL all day long and decide on imaginary mods for my imaginary lupo :blush:

Even if i was loaded then id still want a play thing..(and a car!!) :lol:

I was told he bought the Porsche 'cause he liked the wheels, took 'em off and scrapped the car. Or did he give it to the local orphanage...

50p i got for the car!! :lol:

hopefully going to Uni next year!

Wouldn't bother unless it is vital to your intended career :)

Putney - Do you think you'll need helpers to harvest your potatoes?? :lol:

I could quite easily f*uck this country off and move!! :wacko

Edited by matt a

on the subject of money the u.s. fed has just reduced their main interest rate to 3.5% from 4.25% which seems to be rocking the markets again and might lead to more panic as it looks like a desperate move to stop recession issues.

well my shares are going back up. up 10p today now.. could be why... Bet the traders are cleaning up!

My night time job gives me more money than my main job.

Shame about the crabs

i watched this program called the deadliest catch where they go out on boats and catch crabs. it makes them millions of ££££. do you work on one of those boats then?

kittycrab.jpg

Im 19, earn £165 for monday to friday 8:30 till 5:30, working

hard manual labour on the third and last year of my mechanics

apprentiship, with 10 Gcse's 8b's and 2 c's.

Should have tried harder for that plumbing apprentiship........

Wanna trade jobs picola? i'll gladly come and catch your crabs:)

Edited by dub18

Damn it I wanted the catfish joke.

I earn a lot more than my friend and she got a 1st and a masters.

No 6th form, no degree. Just learnt how to graft for a living and how to wash my hands after work.

Only 20K full wage as a qualified spark. Daft thing is I've excepted a new job today. They dont see my C&G as qualified so want me as apprentice whilst I go back to college to get JIB. And I still get paid more than at the moment.

Also to the soilder ( forgot your name) Did you take off your daily deductions for food and bored? Food, bed, guns, gym and getting buff are cool for a job. But beasting, NBC suits, gibbering exercises in january and taking orders form some hopped up private school boy to**er sucks ass.

Worst part was 1 small building, 0 windows, 6 blokes, 50 press ups and 4 CS tablets. If you've ever been sprayed bu the police (probably not) its 10x worse.

Im 19, earn £165 for monday to friday 8:30 till 5:30, working

hard manual labour on the third and last year of my mechanics

apprentiship, with 10 Gcse's 8b's and 2 c's.

Should have tried harder for that plumbing apprentiship........

Wanna trade jobs picola? i'll gladly come and catch your crabs:)

It will get better tho so dont worry, im not on much aas still building up my portfoilo as a sparky. I know an apprentice sparky thats 17 on £80 for 4 days :confused: why he works for that il never know, but it will get far far better for him

Edited by Bikerz