Money...

Silver!

Hi, Just wondered how much money you earn?Whilst your at it you may as well tell us how much CSA, mortgage, savings, inheritance, TAX you have paid or recieved!

Oh! and how much did you pay for your car?I'm not telling, but if you want to share...

OK, my first ever full-time wage was £9 a fortnight!

Edited by Silver!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£9 a fortnight, impressive, my first wage was £9 p/w for a paper round back when i was 13 i think. So 13 years ago.

I was told off on CGTI when i told people what i was on when a similar thread appeared, something along the lines of 'you're on that and you drive a Lupo, yeah whatever'

I'll tell if you tell. Hehe

Ray I can't help but feel you are asking a lot, but not sharing your finical nitty gritty!! :lol:

So for starts, I got my first job when I was 13 at Birkets, which is now Greggs, I also had a 2 paper rounds at the same time (basically everyday) earnt around £35 per week!

I now pay around £650 in tax and NI per month :(:wacko:

1. I said Full Time job, so no paper rounds at 13!!!

2. I think Tigz has a point! :lol:

3. For £9 a fortnight I left home to serve Queen & Country! Yay! Was I hero or was I stoopid?!?!?! :huh:

4. I've realised since doing my degree that more qualificarions doesn't mean better jobs, or money!

Matt still not telling, but I don't pay the same NI/Tax amouint as you!

...but you have Porshe wheels.

Therefore you must be loaded!

R :rolleyes:

Surely if he was loaded, he'd have the porsche to go with the wheels!! Lol

I'm not earning anywhere near enough and it's starting to depress me....

Other than that, i'm happy where i'm working coz i can read CL all day long and decide on imaginary mods for my imaginary lupo :blush:

78 quad zillion pounds per month, no exageration.

If you pay for my wardrobe, sex change and breast implants, I'll be your bitch!

Just keep me in spending money...

Surely if he was loaded, he'd have the porsche to go with the wheels!! Lol

I'm not earning anywhere near enough and it's starting to depress me....

Other than that, i'm happy where i'm working coz i can read CL all day long and decide on imaginary mods for my imaginary lupo :blush:

I was told he bought the Porsche 'cause he liked the wheels, took 'em off and scrapped the car. Or did he give it to the local orphanage...

There seems to be a big difference in paper round wage.

11 years a go I was making £16 a week for my round. Which was one bag full every morning. Two Bags full every Saturday. Took me an hour to do every morning before school and it was slower going on Saturday. So probably an hour and a half. Sunday papers were done by different paper round boys. They used to get £8 for their round but it was like 4 bags full with all the supplements.

The funny thing was there was this rich kid who used to get his dad to drive him round on his round and all he had to do was jump out the car and pop the paper through the door and meet his dad at the end of the road... Seriously bonkers.

I wouldn't get out of bed for £9 a week! :coffee:

I wouldn't get out of bed for £9 a week! :coffee:

That was in 1978, I got food and board and clothes and guns and rides in helicopters and fast boats and access to an elite gymnasium and...

Oh! and shouted at and 'beasted'!

not enough.

anyway it's all about making your own pocket money without the goverment knowing :shades:

I also used to clean an office every sunday for £8.

£50 a week from working friday and sat night t a local hotel glass collecting and waiting.

My school lunch money savings per day gave me an extra £10 a week.

£336 a month tax free at 14! :shades:

My thread, my rules...

I don't care about paper rounds! No paper rounds, no milk rounds, no schoolie part time jobs!

I don't care if you worked 'down pit' part-time whilst studying for your leaving certificate!

I don't care if you were a child prostitute at weekends, while cramming for your 11 Plus...

Show me the money!

:lol: