Lupo GTI production numbers

Adam

Lupo GTI colours  

539 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not bad going given supposedly only 900 were sold. I would have thought there would be less than 844 left given the amount you see on here and eBay being broken for spares

Edited by spy

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The previous owner of my GTi told me there were only 88 anthracite GTi's ever produced. Wether that is true or false, I have no idea :lol:To be honest.

To be honest. This maybe correct. In Japan they sold 2000 lupo gtis. But none of them anthracite or blue (raven or laser for that matter)

I did read a quoted figure of raven blue gtis for the uk and it came to only 60 something (cannot remember the exact number). Now anthracites are rarer than raven blue gti in the UK. But not as rare as laser blue gti's (Est cannot be more than 5 in the uk)

Edited by lupo1.0se

To be honest. This maybe correct. In Japan they sold 2000 lupo gtis. But none of them anthracite or blue (raven or laser for that matter)

I did read a quoted figure of raven blue gtis for the uk and it came to only 60 something (cannot remember the exact number). Now anthracites are rarer than raven blue gti in the UK. But not as rare as laser blue gti's (Est cannot be more than 5 in the uk)

It's true that in some markets they only sold the 3 "base" colours.

Yesterday I was reading a German Facebook group and they said that only 23 anthracite ones were sold in Germany, so it could very well be only 80ish in the world... I guess it's the rarest colour of all, apart of course from Laser blue which I still don't know why they made them, would be interesting to know :)

• 2 weeks later...

My raven blue GTI is described as a VW 1600 fastback on the V5.

Odd though that some insurance companies see the reg as a Polo GTI, some as a Lupo GTI and some as a fastback.

That said, the rest of the information on the V5 is correct for the Lupo GTI, e.g. emissions figure so it must be the right reg and vehicle.