Lupo GTI production numbers

Adam

Lupo GTI colours  

539 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

poor lupos thats a massive amount to meet there end, best hang on to your lupo gti it seems to be rarier than a golf mk1 gti!!!

I could try and find out how many of them there are lol.

Cheers Ben, its nice to know how rare they are though, despite what colour you may have.

Not a problem, it was one of the things that made me want a GTI.

There are 23000 MK2 VTR's and 625 GTI's.

Yes mate all GTI's that are registered and on the road in the UK!
I'm sorry but I still can't believe the attrition rate is so high. The Lupo GTi was launched in March '01 (?), so in less than seven years approximately 370 have been written off!! That's over 50 a year. However, the DVLA is a government body and we all know that this government cannot be trusted with statistics. All the same, I'm glad I've decided to spend £120 plus VAT to get Era mortice locks fitted to my garage door (failing that I'll just recline the front seat and start sleeping in it). Edited by Fow Vay

I'm sorry but I still can't believe the attrition rate is so high. The Lupo GTi was launched in March '01 (?), so in less than seven years approximately 370 have been written off!! That's over 50 a year. However, the DVLA is a government body and we all know that this government cannot be trusted with statistics. All the same, I'm glad I've decided to spend £120 plus VAT to get Era mortice locks fitted to my garage door (failing that I'll just recline the front seat and start sleeping in it).

I can only give you the info that we have on our system, it may be the case that the figure of 925 was wrong.

I can only give you the info that we have on our system, it may be the case that the figure of 925 was wrong.
OK, I believe you. The figure of 995 came from VW and we all know how efficient the Germans are. It just doesn't stack up somehow. Edited by Fow Vay

mine cost me £6500 last June and I am realising what a bargain it was. Even though the belts needed doing. Never came across any Cat.d ones though. Not surprised some people may have stacked them, the back end comes round if you drop of the gas round a tight bend; not as bad as a vts or 205 gti, but can catch out the unwary.

Of course if you are expecting it then it can be good fun (well i've got to wear out the rears somehow!) :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...