Apple Geeks thread 2008...

AndyW

Look like those twitter links above were just spam - sucked me in, though.

This is the one that made me think - yeah, maybe not:

iSlate just told a really funny joke. It understands human humor.

iSlate just told a really funny joke. It understands human humor.

— Matt Handal (@matthandal)

January 8, 2010

• 4 weeks later...

I have the new 13" white unibody Macbook and im wanting to connect it to my 32" lcd tv,

would something like this be good and give good output quality?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-ADAPTER-Display-Port-CONVERTER_W0QQitemZ150410984623QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item2305317caf#ht_3102wt_1167

Ill be using it to watch movies :-)

Any other suggestions on ways of connecting it to a lcd television?

Many thanks,

Matt

Well I don't think you can get a Mini DVA to HDMI convertor, or a cable that goes from Mini DVI to HDMI directly.

You may be able to get one, but I didn't see any when I did the same with my black macbook. That never lost any quality.

Well I don't think you can get a Mini DVA to HDMI convertor, or a cable that goes from Mini DVI to HDMI directly.

You may be able to get one, but I didn't see any when I did the same with my black macbook. That never lost any quality.

Would the Mini display port to hdmi converter not work that i put in my original post?

Matt

Yeah That'd probably work, but that's still using an adapter, like what I said, One adapter, One cable!

Also - That adapter on ebay is not genuine apple at all. It's a chinese copy hense the generic static bag it comes in!

Yeah That'd probably work, but that's still using an adapter, like what I said, One adapter, One cable!

Also - That adapter on ebay is not genuine apple at all. It's a chinese copy hense the generic static bag it comes in!

Okay thanks for your help pal :)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

alright, i want to be able to watch films, streamed on my macbook on a tv?

whats the best way, atm it would have to be thru aux? is there anything good i can use? or even wireless to do this?

could i have it set up as a 2nd monitor so can watch something on the tv while still using this?

cheers

rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...