Fox Head Unit - RCD200

robster

Hello

Must i have a mp3 player in the aux too get the aux up when i press the cd button? Because when i push the cd button nothing happend.

Not sure, but don't you push the cd button twice to switch between them?

• 2 years later...

Ive been looking into this, wanted to connect iPod/iPhone into my head unit and control it from there. Ive found this wiring adapter which should do the trick :

http://www.caraudiosupermarket.co.uk/441-iPOD-OEM-Interfaces-VW-IPOD-ADAPTOR-(2003-2010)-RCD200---RCD300---RCD500-~-IPOD---IPAD---IPHONE.html

pretty easy to fit apparently, waiting for it to arrive and will update :)

• 4 months later...

I tryed putting in my jvc stereo to my 2006 fox it got power but wouldnt turn on? I have all the adapters and cables its normally simple to wire up a stereo. Iv also tryed another kind of stereo and it still wont turn on it has a blue flashing light??? Any help?

• 1 year later...

Hello

Must i have a mp3 player in the aux too get the aux up when i press the cd button? Because when i push the cd button nothing happend.

I had the same problem after reading this post, the head unit would on say 'No CD' and nothing about AUX input even with my iPhone plugged in, i went to VW and asked them if they knew why it wasn't working, someone had a play around with it and then decided to give up. (They then told me it would be £50 to send my head unit off to get fixed)

I then went to motor mania in burton and they advised me to go to Phly Audio Services and in there words 'He seems to be able to sort everything'

I booked a appointment with him, as soon as i met him he pulled out his computer plugged it in to my diagnostics slot and 5 mins later he said 'it was 1 number that needed changing to make the aux connection work, all the wiring was there VW has obviously programmed it wrong' ever since they it has worked perfectly.

• 7 years later...

I ended up taking the standard one out as i wanted DAB as well as BT and USB. Need to take a ignition feed from somewhere else or the unit wont go off with the ignition. I just used the live feed from the Power socket/Fag lighter