20v 1.8T Conversion

LUPO GTI 20VT

I wouldn't really class a GTI as a sleeper, no matter what engine's in it. Especially with coilies and wheels on.

I want one. :wub:

i would the car is a shoe box with 130bhp

this is a sleeper its a shoe box with 250+ that will shock anyone

Im with Phil, the GTI aint a sleeper, ok, its not the fastest car around, but people expect it to have some go about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bloody hell, that is a seriously impressive time. Anything 0-100mph in the 12-13s area is mighty quick. You have every right to feel pleased with your car.

Bloody hell, that is a seriously impressive time. Anything 0-100mph in the 12-13s area is mighty quick. You have every right to feel pleased with your car.

cheers was expectin mid to low 14s its only got cheap front tyres on the front was still breakin traction in 3rd an the track was bone dry an still runnin the standard lupo back box there was a lot of people interested an lookin at the car an askin questions that was strait after my 1st run wen i went against a skyline coz i entered my self in2 the wrong class but the lupo left it for dead start to finish beat it by a full second 13.8 @103 loads of people sayin they saw lupo at side of the skyline an thought was an easy win 4 the skyline bet he thought the same ha

• 2 months later...

Very nice conversion and is such a sleeper in the stadard GTi body :D

from a quick read through i have gathered its custom mounts all round (2x for engine and 1 for the box) is it a case of standard leon mounts modified to fit onto the chassis legs etc or both the legs and mounts etc cut about to get it all fitting?

also you didnt mention drive shafts from what ive seen, assuming these would be hybrid cut and sleeved leon/lupo units to the required size?

and how easy was it connecting up the gear linkage and clutch mechanism?

i have a tuned 180+bhp 206 but im getting bored and need an excuse to keep the arosa that i cant bring myself to sell :lol:

wayne

• 3 weeks later...

hi all quick update went drag racein again on sunday at york raceway ive now had a new exhaust system made two an half inch bore front to back and its improved the car mid range an top end the car ran 5 runs all doin the quarter the same in 13.5 @108mph an 0-60 in 5.2 ad 5 races an didnt loose any raced against 2 skylines a focus rs a mazda rx7 an a toyota supra hopin the weather is good for this weekend so i can go to the vw event at pod an run the car there

hi all quick update went drag racein again on sunday at york raceway ive now had a new exhaust system made two an half inch bore front to back and its improved the car mid range an top end the car ran 5 runs all doin the quarter the same in 13.5 @108mph an 0-60 in 5.2 ad 5 races an didnt loose any raced against 2 skylines a focus rs a mazda rx7 an a toyota supra hopin the weather is good for this weekend so i can go to the vw event at pod an run the car there

PS!

Will you convert my car to the same for cash?!?!?!

Let me know if it is worth your time and trouble?!

J

• 4 weeks later...

All the garages who are prapared to do german conversions (x2) round my way, say it's not worth it at all... just keep as is.

First garage I went to had polish mechanics installing a Golf Turbo lump into an Audi A6.. they were done by the time i went back..

Although I know this story, because no one will touch my Renault 5 Turbo! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

hi thanks for the replys an comments just a couple of pics with the engine cover on an we have made the inlet pipe on the right now from stainless an polished it cheers

That lookes the dogs mate well done

ps: Get some vids on youtube NOwWWWwW! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i think u were there when i was there in my golf, you know when it was a wizard of nos day kinder thing.

was a very long time ago though

just a few questions,

what subframe did you use?

and what gear box,

im think of putting a 9a into an old lupo 1.0 and was wondering if it would just bolt in ETC

• 4 months later...