Lupo TDI sport remap, compared to origional?

Cooke

I couldn't agree more with Jon_273.

I've had rolling road tests done on my car and have viewed other rolling road videos on a 1.4 TDI engine and its amazing to see that the torque drops off massively from 2200 rpm and the power is near its peak at 3500rpm but not much greater at 4200rpm.

The gearing tends to be about 500rpm difference between gears so i shift around 3000rpm for swiftness so that the next gear turns in around 2500rpm when the turbo is on full tilt. Makes other drivers think 'he's not even trying' which is funny.

SOme good info up there^

Im such a geek when it comes to gear shifts and tend to not let it go higher than 2000rpm around anywhere but the motorway. (Must.....save......fuel)

1st and 2nd gear to me are a bit slow on the uptake and therefore I don't see it appealing to the author of this thread. As he sounds like he wants something to drive round town like a bellend with some teeny bops in the back seat, racing vts look-alikes and stalling at lights. Maybe Im wrong but hey.

Anyways, when it comes to 3rd, 4th and 5th the torque doesnt let me down. As previously said, you can easily pick up speed in either of the gears, especially noted while going up long- drawn out hills which we do have a few of round here.

All in all, if you want a cheap to run-pokey in higher gears car with the option to increase performance. Then the Tdi sport is a good choice.

Mmmkay

true, but tbh i get more of a smile from putting my foot down and it just pulling like a train rather than shifting down and revving the balls off it like you do with a petrol

Sounds like you have answered your own question to me. Its going to be the TDi then?

Sounds like you have answered your own question to me. Its going to be the TDi then?

well yes, but ive been thinking about it and Lupos are too expensive for what they are. for eaxctly the same money i can buy a VW golf 1.4 with less miles! but ive decided to buy a new mini one :P coz i love em, and if im spending 4.5k on a lupo i may aswell spend that bit extra and get a much better car, plus the mini one can be chipped to give the same or better power than the cooper so i think thats wot im going to buy.

but dont get me wrong the lupo TDI was fantastic, but it rolled too much on corners and its too small for the stupid price they cost

well yes, but ive been thinking about it and Lupos are too expensive for what they are. for eaxctly the same money i can buy a VW golf 1.4 with less miles! but ive decided to buy a new mini one :P coz i love em, and if im spending 4.5k on a lupo i may aswell spend that bit extra and get a much better car, plus the mini one can be chipped to give the same or better power than the cooper so i think thats wot im going to buy.

but dont get me wrong the lupo TDI was fantastic, but it rolled too much on corners and its too small for the stupid price they cost

Fair enough, although buying a 1.4 golf is a odd idea just because its more car for the money, will be very slow.

Dont mind minis too much though, but i can imagine they are quite a bit more that £4.5K still.

Lupo TDis are expensive, although cheaper ones do come up at times and Arosas are far better value.

Roll can be easily sorted put and they may be small but it really depends on what size car you need, its suprising what does actually fit in.

Enjoy the Bini

yer the minis are about 5-6k but really your'e getting a BMW for the money. The Lupos are fast and build quality is good but i'd rather pay that little bit extra for a potential of 131BHP whem chipped lol, plus the cred of owning a mini :Pthe mini 1D's are too expensive as they are relativley new

• 4 years later...

This is ridicul-aaaarse

We are talking about a lupo arn't we?

Seems you didn't really research this did you,I'm all for getting the best out of a engine but you can't just say I'm getting this or that based on bhp alone, a old camper I had did **** loads of bhp remapped. You will find that it doesn't mean too much if its pulling a 2 tonne tank! I'm getting a lupo because I'm a dubber and I fancy a 2nd car run around that I can euro look aesthetically, if its bhp you want,i would go for a golf mate over a mini, make it a mk1 or mk2, gti or vr6 variant, or if its a mk4+ go for a r32. Had a few myself.....definetaly not slow!

If they're not realistic for you, you have answered your own question.

• 3 months later...