Jacko's 1.8T Lupo Build

jacko1066

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit of a progress report the engine is all sat in and staying in now no need for it to come back out now haha.

So far the top covers have come back from powder coating the turbo is bolted on, the wiring has been started , The intercooler has been bolted on to make the pipes , the charge/boost pipes should be made through the week and over the weekend along with the manifold, The ecu has been sent off for decoding so i dont have to use the 20v turbo clocks , The driveshafts should be made in 3 weeks they cost 270+ vat each !!!

There isnt much room in some places thats why im glad of the fast road engine mounts.

i keep saying this but hopefully it will be done for then end of may , the hold up has mainly been for parts etc now its all labour work to be done now

Fingers crossed.... Heres a few pics anyway

Cooler.jpg

Rockercover.jpg

Turbo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

where did you get the mounts an drive shafts made?

mate - £270 plus vat you are getting 'shafted'

if its not too late speak to john at dave mac propshafts in coventry.

i was quoted around £175 a piece for custom shafts, and that was using f1 quality steel that they guarantee to 600bhp..

i was quoted around £175 a piece for custom shafts, and that was using f1 quality steel that they guarantee to 600bhp..

Its not the quality of the steel shaft you need to worry about its the joint that give up when abused, standard spec shafts are fine with regards to the 600 bhp bit that means nothing as torque kills them .

Edited by karl

• 8 months later...

Well well well

Its been nearly a year since i put an update on here about this and what i can update you on is that it is 99% complete and will be at elsecar on sunday , so hope to see some of you there , i will post up a few pics of the build and other bits and bobs after the weekend , all that i need to do is get it mapped but im going to wait a few weeks to make sure theres no teething problems i ran it yesterday at 0.7 bar and it brought a smile to my face just at that ! Man i have missed this car

Cheers

Jamie

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Where did you get the quaife from?? Im looking for one for my conversion. Got an APY engine and im going to be using an 02A gearbox. There not cheap. Im looking in America and ive found them for $650. Only thing is i dont want to be stung with import tax. Also, where did you get the intercooler??

Thanks

got my driveshafts from John ,they are relly well made!