BMC kit - anyone want a group buy?

tdwindustries

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much would we be looking at if it was a group buy? Also.....would it fit my 1.4 16v 100bhp OK? It's fundamentally the same engine as the 1.6 so it would probably fit physically, but would it cause any problems performance wise?

Also, for those who might have missed the other thread, this will include everything you need to make the BMC `road-legal`!

Whether you choose to fit it like that or not is another matter, of course. :wink:

im still wanting one!!!

Got my GTi a week last friday and am thourougly impressed with her so far, had a good blast round angelsey and then a steady motorway thrashing down to glastonbury!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

But all i need now is the CDA to make her growl some more!

Anyone got an answer to my Q? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> What's this about 'making it road legal' as well???

mike

i know it fits your engine no worries but no idea about performance, it can only be good though cant it?

As for legal - its to do with emmissions and recycling - the standard CDA kit is not legal on those grounds, with a little piping you can make it perfectly legal. Very simple and easy.

hey tdw,

did u find out what size tubing was needed to join the crankcase breather?

iam presuming that the same size will be needed for the extra piping to make it legal???

just coz iam a bit confused on how it works :?

ive looked at m1 lupo's pics on readers rides, and the breather on his is at the left hand side of the filter.

am i right in thinking that the breather doesnt get used anymore, and the piping supplied to make it legal would join where the breather would be, and then fed into the main piping on the engine side of the filter?