Arosa 1.4 16v Sport - My Trackday Project

driveforward

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice progress mate - bet its good seeing it come together in such a short time, you must be spending a fortune on new bits!

I've spent around £500 on bits to date.. the really expensive stuff is yet to come :(

well i know exactly what the part is in the clear bag mate at the front ;)

Thanks for the heads up.. just going to check SCN to see if anyone over there has twigged it also :P

Day of Doing Boring Stuff

This may well be the shortest 'diary entry' I make in this thread..

Today I have:

• Fitted the extra jubilee clip to the CDA
  • Replaced a dodgy electric window switch so that the passenger window can go down as well as up from using the drivers door switch (!)
  • Fixed the forward folding mechanism on the drivers seat (needed new washer)
  • Fitted new front wiper blades

Next week I should have some more parts arriving, and maybe, just maybe, may actually get to speak to someone useful at the rollcage place (unlike the 6 times I phoned last week) so I can get the car booked in :headhurt:

you keeping all the stuff like electric windows then? i bet them motors weigh a kg or two between them! haha

Electric windows are staying for convenience when it comes to continental toll booths etc! As for the leccy mirrors, I'm not sure. I have been told that albeit on another VAG car, the electric ones were lighter than the manual ones!

Edited by driveforward

There's not really much point taking things like leccy windows out IMO. If you were racing the thing, maybe....but you really aren't going to notice the difference on a track day!

this sounds like its going to be a cool toy :shades:

you are doing most of the same as me just i am GTIing mine would say as you are running with the dash you might wanna take airbags out as the are heavy the dash is too but theres a lot that can be cut away and if you can i would look in to a smaller heater as there silly in these cars .

i am keeping lecky windows too :shades: :shades:

this sounds like its going to be a cool toy :shades:

you are doing most of the same as me just i am GTIing mine would say as you are running with the dash you might wanna take airbags out as the are heavy the dash is too but theres a lot that can be cut away and if you can i would look in to a smaller heater as there silly in these cars .

i am keeping lecky windows too :shades: :shades:

I sure hope so :)

Airbags - yeah, I plan on removing the passenger side one and the drivers one will go when the steering wheel's replaced.. just gotta get round to disabling them in vag-com.

Is there an 'easy' way of getting the passenger one out from behind the dash?

drive into something?

:coffee::rolleyes:

errr not sure if theres an easy way as i did it the hard one :lol: :lol:

Image027.jpg

Errrr...!

I hope so!!

getting the dash out is a pig so worth getting under there and having a play see if you can get it out

getting the dash out is a pig so worth getting under there and having a play see if you can get it out

Wheres Tigz when you need him. Ian. Send him a PM!

I know Andi has removed the entire dash.

He put a link to the guide on getting the dash out in this thread: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=37936&hl=

:)

Nice one lunalupi!

Ian, get those socket sets ready!

You lot just wanna cause me grief :P

Currently making the ultralight weight led interior light. Rather bright indeed yet sub 150g.

Good man! You will be pleased to hear that something shiny shiny has turned up :o;)

I'm just trying to get my head around the cage 'issue' at the moment, but I think a trip to Demon Tweeks to investigate other stuff needs scheduling the next time you have a weekend free

Seeing the A2 in the flesh, you'd be hard pushed not to like it! its like a mini RS4.
I Doubt It...

I Would love to change your mind around Castle Combe at this years ADi the A2 is a great car ...

I Think i hold the Lap Record for a 3Pot Turbo Diesel LOL !!! :coffee:

Ian well impressed with the work you've done so far i had to laugh at the big pile of bits

that you've got on your drive it must be like JERRY BUDDS JUNKYARD in your house LOL !!!

Arosa Mike i read your thread with great interest on Tracks Options for the Lupo

made for great bedtime reading LOL !!!

Do you have any ideas for how i can stop my A2 from understeering at a Trackday ... :shades:

Oh and IAN i dont believe you when you say you wont be taking anymore poncy pictures of your A2 LOL !!! :D

Edited by wooly