OLW's 1.8T build thread

one litre wonder ;)

ok its coming up for engine block buying time and im tied up between

KO4 engines: -

Pro's - its either going to be 210bhp( non VVT ) or 225 ( VVT ) engine as standard so no extra work needed to get to the target power . the KO4 turbo is the biggest one

Con's - its £300 dearer than the KO3 engines , its a bigger turbo so will take longer to spool up

KO3 engines :-

Pro's - its a smaller turbo so less spooling up , would have VVT , slightly cheaper than KO4 engines

Con's - would need a remap and a Fuel boost pressure regulator to get it up to the target 225 bhp

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the good news and progress , parts i need are starting to arrive ( finally ) in the post today i got my spangly new Goodridge brake hoses , my Audi TT clocks and my intercoolers :D , just need to now go and see rich to pick up the front cross member and VR6 radiator then pop over to one of the guys near me and get the gearselector and starter

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

Be wary of the TT clocks, there has ben lots of faults with them draining the battery and the temp gauges reading wrong amongst other things. A friend of mine had them replaced by Audi free even though he was two years out of warranty. Common problem.

No stevie Ho is helping him... (read my thread to understand) lol

what ? :confused:

its going into a local company to get done , between uni work and work progress has unfortunately slowed down at the moment :(

• 2 weeks later...

ok just a wee update here , things are going at a pace so slow it would put Tigz to shame :P either way , i have done some research about the company that was going to do the engine conversion and i have heard some intresting storys , 1 is there exhausts are crap , the second is one of my mates had them install some seats and they have become loose after a few weeks they worked loose , and the other is there work is a bit touch and go . SO i have decided that i would rather wait and have it done right by The Phirm . so things have slowed down just now till i can get a date to get it booked in

either that or see how mine goes ;) should hopefully be starting soon mate. found an engine at good price thanks to a good contact shame not quite the engine i want but will do the job for now. will keep you updated mate, but will no doubt need a bit of advice haha

• 2 weeks later...