OLW's 1.8T build thread

one litre wonder ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the Arosa driver has the reaction time of the dead or the G60 just spanked him hard!

Lot of wheelspin sound there and, from the smoke, I'd say it was coming from the Arosa.

Always gonna be the hardest part, putting so much power down through a light car.

I remember reading about stupidly modded Novas, many moons ago. On paper they were really quick, but the most powerful just went of the start line sideways!

A 1.8 MK2 Astra GTE conversion won the day.

Power to weight ratio is important.

Craig: are you upgrading the the steering at all?

Looking good anyhow, can't wait to see it finished, so hurry up!

R

stearing is staying as is , but with much better rubber than whats on just now :lol:

im just double checking with the insurers before i buy an engine that they are deffo going to cover me for certain engine blocks :lol:

Just wondered. The difference between my Arosa and the GTi is mega.

I don't know if there is any difference between the steering racks, but I wouldn't like to put 125bhp through the Arosa as is, let alone 225bhp!

Maybe it's all in the weight.

I'd hate to go back to 155/70 tyres on the Arosa now.

Ray

got to remember as well ray , your GTi is on coilovers and the arosa isnt , i found the stearing felt completely different in mine once on coilovers

get a 1.0L badge from a polo and put it on the back of the arosa :lol: was thinking of just changing it to OLW for nostalgia sake , that as well as then it could also stand for One Loony Weegie :lol:

tbf it will look like a bit of sleeper if its not gunna have body mods

i remember being at pos once and seeing a totaly standard looking purple corsa b run a 12 :o... everyone loved it :)

imagine how many corporate people you could miff off at the lights :)

the VW garage up here are a bunch of nuggets , i ask them for a pedal box from a lupo GTi then they ask me is that the 1.4 lupo , then i say no its a 1.6 125BHP engine thats in it . then they refuse to get me the parts as they are not going on to a lupo GTi and say well if i give them the reg plate of a GTi they could try and find the part number . i dont have a GTi so they wouldnt help me , so i look out the window and spot a GTi , go out , get the reg plate and come back in and give them it . they p*ss off for 5 mins and come back and say there on back order and dont know when they will get one!!! ARGH!!!

the VW garage up here are a bunch of nuggets , i ask them for a pedal box from a lupo GTi then they ask me is that the 1.4 lupo , then i say no its a 1.6 125BHP engine thats in it . then they refuse to get me the parts as they are not going on to a lupo GTi and say well if i give them the reg plate of a GTi they could try and find the part number . i dont have a GTi so they wouldnt help me , so i look out the window and spot a GTi , go out , get the reg plate and come back in and give them it . they p*ss off for 5 mins and come back and say there on back order and dont know when they will get one!!! ARGH!!!

did you check part numbers with the one that is already fitted as i cant see vw making 3 diffrent pedal boxes for the same car when you can still use a gti box on a 1 litre so i think they will turn out to be the same

see i only have access to VAGCat and its down :( so i cant check the part numbers

o poo

w00p!!!! just had a chat with martin at HIC there about the engine conversion and insurance there , the last time i spoke to him was about september time and he said for the 180bhp AUQ engine it would be £1200 once i was 22 , had a chat with him today and hes quoted me £1039 for the 225bhp enigine , all mods declaired , track day cover , 90 european break down cover , can drive any other car etc etc and thats with my current age of 21 :D :D :D