OLW's 1.8T build thread

one litre wonder ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

righto people its been over a week :lol: the intercoolers should be arriving shortly which is good so i can start to work out where to run pipes etc , ive now got 280mm carriers and a set of 280 Zimmerman drilled disks and just ordered a set of Goodridge lupo GTi braided hoses :D also sourced a G60 starter motor as well :D

downside is ive got this other special set of smoothed out bumpers in the bodyshop at the moment and ive not been given the final bill yet so progress is slow at the moment due to having to anticipate a bill from there :(

which reminds me if anyone is needing 1litre parts ie a 1litre rear beam with drums on it or 1litre hubs give me a shout and when they come off of my car we can get things organised

which reminds me if anyone is needing 1litre parts ie a 1litre rear beam with drums on it or 1litre hubs give me a shout and when they come off of my car we can get things organised

The engine please, and all attached bits :lol:

just built up the hub assembly ( disc , carriers , calipers and hub) and tried to fit it in a zender and it didnt fit :( looks like the zenders are for sale

the only way i can see them staying is if i run 5mm ( or thicker ) all the way round but then i would have to run a 225+bhp car on 165 tyres .... on a ET20 so the arches would have to be rolled completely flat front and rear

the only way i can see them staying is if i run 5mm ( or thicker ) all the way round but then i would have to run a 225+bhp car on 165 tyres .... on a ET20 so the arches would have to be rolled completely flat front and rear

Just man up and get some real wheels :P:lol: None of this 'looking good' rubbish. Find the lightest wheels you can that fit and make them lighter :D

:lol: im sticking with the sport rims just now , ok most of the main parts have been sourced bar the engine itself and after today the fundage has fairly increased so its all good in the hood , engine should be along shortly once i can find a good one

well ive just ordered the rear brake pads , the braided hoses are on there way and ive also ordered the powerflex bushes :D

edit , and the exhaust system as far s the flexi :D

ko4manifold.jpg

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

im starting to look into radiators etc now and was thinking about a TT one as well to make sure it wasnt going to over heat but i think it will fit , i asked for the size of a TT radiator on the TTOC and i got back

Hi Craig,

You'll probably find a TT radiator won't fit. Your best bet would be to put a radiator for a Seat Arosa that has a/c (its a lot bigger than the non a/c rad) its the same as the td rad and might drop in without alterations. If your car has a/c it should have the larger rad anyway so I'd try and use it.

The things to look for are the mounting points so you can fit it and where the hoses are so you can plan your pipework.

For your information:

Standard Arosa 1.4 core size : 430 x 377 x 32

with a/c : 627 x 377 x 32

TT : 650 x 415 x 30

(The core sizes don't include the tanks.)

Another option is to get a rad made up from scratch in aluminium, but that is £££.

For more info and pictures of all these different rads, check out our website at carcooling.co.uk.

regards,

Gerald Stringer

Car Cooling.

i recon i can get away with the 200mm in length the 40mm in height may be an issue but ill check tomorow :D

christ the parts gathering has almost come to an end after a month and a half

Given the size of your task ahead and the parts needed for the conversion, I feel that the month taken to source almost all the parts required qualifies you to source all of the parts that I need in 1 week.

Congratulations on winning such an honour, now, don't hang about!

:wacko:

1.8T Lupo's/Arosas are getting quite common it seems!

:lol: as far as we are aware on here it will be the first arosa to be done , but i have been told apparently there are 1 or 2 down south :( .

as for them being common

there is :

lupos

Badger bills blue loop

venoms green loop ( apparently in a scrappy from what i last heard )

the guy on here that i cant remember his name

Matts black loop

Arosas

not seen any

in progress

my arosa

jacko's GTi