Shall I induct?

tdwindustries

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo, thats exactly what l reckon it is. It couldn't really be anything else the way l see it.

Chris

Fair enough. I notice it's been left open on that Lupo on the rolling road - I'd seal it up, otherwise any air that is forced through by the movement of the car is going to exit there rather than go through the induction kit (path of least resistance, and all that).

It'll also suck air through there a fair bit, which means that (as it's right next to the engine) it'll be sucking hot air in.

Yep it's a silencer. With regards to the BMC Connected to the existing air feed i do agree with Si and Eric that it is restrictive and wondered what difference the standard unplugged from the air feed and bmc bhp is Any one know?.

I am running my standard pannel without being connected to the inner wing vent and i am going to get some of the flexi pipe and duct it to just behind the front grill.. Any one know where i can get some of that flexipipe from :roll:

Ive done it! My BMC is connected to a ram scoup at the front of the car, just behind the mesh. So my car is forced to inhale cool fresh air.

Scoup.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Fitting the ducting was childs play if you know how..

Awesome. Looks just the thing.

Does it have to go out the small side grill exits, or could it be routed to the larger central lower grill? I still have vague plans of fitting foglights... :oops:

No chance of fitting fog lights really, too tight behind there, as VW fitted the Xenon light washer system too central to the hole. So tight you cant get the 65mm tubing and ram right against the grill.

The radiator blocks off the whole of the centre grill too so thats out of the question.

But here goes. All you have to do is get 65mm tubing with sufficient length to connect the BMC intake to the front of the car. I used a section of the BMC standard tubing and a 75cm piece of `flexi-tubing`. Joined with an aluminuim hose joiner, which looks real shiny!

Tubing.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

As you can see I have replumbed the entire fuel tank breather system with red Samco tubing. As you have to take the air ducting past the black plastic carbon tank. The standard hosing was too rigid to bend out of the way, but the silicone hose is perfect.

Tightfit.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

All you then have to do is fix the ram scoup on and hold it in place. It works well indeed, judging by the way the car accelerates, the sound and the decreased mpg figures. Proving the car is injecting more fuel because the intake air is more dense.

can't see either, might attempt to do that this week as I've had samco hosing for the engine side of the filter sitting for ages now and I plan to make up a rigid heat shield for between the filter and inlet manifold so I may try and do it all in one day! Still got anodised piping and extra flexi hosing from a previous car in my loft!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice one M1 i had the sam thoughts re the ducting but was unsure of the route. I take it the flexi hose is Samco and comes from most performance motor spare places?

QUOTE(Marqs_Loopy)
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice one M1 i had the sam thoughts re the ducting but was unsure of the route. I take it the flexi hose is Samco and comes from most performance motor spare places?

The 8mm id Samco hose is available from most decent performance tuning shops. The air intake ducting is fun, except the car now tries to suck in small children and West Highland Terriers laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ......

Ok took of the section that goes into the wing and I didn't actually realised that it went into such a small hole in the wing, I thought that the air was coming from the grill below the drivers side light washer. The space to get a cold air feed down to this grill is about as big as a knat's baw hair! Where did you get the really flexi hose that you've got going down to the grill M1Lupo as the stuff I have is just not flexible enough? I've got everything else I need, the induction already sounds louder!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Silly Git :roll:

QUOTE(gargoil)
Or B&Q maybe?

:roll: I refer too this part of the silly gitted ness you honour laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />