Rims on my Arosa

Arosa-Nor

Im reconcidering mye choise for rims on my new Arosa. This Norwegian site says that theese 16" wil work on my car with 215/35-R16 tires.

http://www.interdekk.no/categories/wheels....SE,AROSA,001,16

Im thinking about those on the middle of the page. What do you think? Will 215/35-R16 work on a Arosa without any mods? And will they work if I lower it 40mm?

Think there too big and too wide, 16's will look silly imo and with them being so wide i seriously doubt they will fit, you definitely wont be able to go low and will probably scrub horrendously. Sorry for my happy input :)

I've just fitted 16's with 195/40's, the wheel is a 6" et 45 with 20mm spacers, the car has 40mm springs on. Width wise the tyres sit just just level to the arch on the front and in a bit on the rear and there is no scrubbing at all.

DSC00145.jpg

You think 16's et 37/38 with the same tyres would work with the mk1? (7")

You think 16's et 37/38 with the same tyres would work with the mk1? (7")

I'm probably not the best person to answer that as I've had ours for a week and this is the first mods I've done. But to my way of thinking that offset with that width will need a spacer.

you want to aim for ET35/38 on a 16" rim in sure , mattie is running 16x7 and i think there et35 and hes lowered 45mm at the moment and doesnt have any problems im sure .

boraboy - when you put the spacers on did you remember to get new nuts to hold the wheels on properly , also you will prob rub if you to too low , i was running 15x7 et 25 but slammed and i rubbed like a biatch front and rear , looked good mind you .

i had wide 16s on mine and you cant go over bumps or round corners, it took gouges out of my tyres!

Pics:

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

Personally i'd go for 15's but saying that, i now have 15s and there still a little too wide, i think i need more stretch B)

Apart from ive now taken the rear adjusters off my coilovers on the back now so theres no way i could get 16's on lol

i can only just to say fit my little finger between the arch and tyre on the back now :)