aerial

arosa_chris

Be careful, but you basically just have to pull really hard till it comes out. Make sure you don't pull too hard though as you could risk denting the roof. It is quite difficult to do, but it will come out!

• 2 months later...

so do i still need to twist it when i pull it , so after i unscrew full to the point it doesnt go any further just pull it straight out???( cheers for the help)

i finally got it , here for future reference for any body else , to remove aerial unscrew as far as it will go then pull straight and it should come off , mine took a moderate pull but can vairy

let us know if u get it off alright , i have now got a rather sexy black richbrook one in place of the old telegraphy pole that once was ( as short as i could get it) i have just seen some aerials on www.dubcessories.com that are only 2" long and only £14 but they only come in silver though

Guys, I'm in great despair, I tried following the simple instructions but the damn arial won't budge. I'm afraid that if I pull it any harder the whole arial block would come off. I tried unscrewing it as far as it goes and pulling it, but nothing...Once unscrewed the arial, if I let it go, drops flat on the rear end, I assume it is the anti theft mechanism....

what to try is to unscrew it then with one hand around the base to hold down the base plate and stop the roof bending and the other on the bottom of the aerial then go for it but make sure u apply enough pressure n the roof to stop it bending