I went to look at a new Fox last week

IDGM

And compared to the competition, it seems the better car. The only downside is the complete lack of performance from the 1.2 and poor emmisions. Compared to the C1, there is no comparison! you'd have to put 12 bags of cement in the C1 to get the weights the same, and even then you're still 13hp up. The Citroen and Aygo are flimsy to say the least though.

I was tempted by a 56 Panda 100hp at £7995 in grey at the Citroen garage. Very nice indeed, but the deal was soured by 'brain dead' attempts to bump the cash price up by £550 and not telling me what the APR rate was. Needles to say, I walked.

I can buy a new Panda Multijet for £6600 (from £8300) through CSMA. No deals on the 100hp :angry2:

Or do I just repair the Loop?

Thought of a second hand Fox? They're begining to be available at less than £4000. More money for mods.

• 2 months later...

My experience of my French car has been pretty terrible :)

Rust, easily blown exhausts, weak suspension, weak brakes, dodgy gearbox, understeeeeer, bodyroll.... all of these flaws... yet still someone breaks into my car and steals my ipod out of my glove box.. silly me, it's worth half my car's value!

the petrol tank and exhaust fell off the family laguna .. the brakes are good though and its a high reving engine for a family car.

i just dont liek french cars because there is to much government subsiding and .. the poor desingers have a nightmare trying to make the twingo look like a new reanult instead of a re-release of the C2 .. 106,saxo,clio .. etc...