Mark2Ikeda's Lupo Gti

mark2ikeda

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally typed an update... :clap:

The interior is all finished and is now in more in tune with the CS seat's theme. I managed to source the Leatherette and Dynamica material that Recaro use. Much to the pleasure of my veagan wife, no animals were hurt in the making of this car! Pics to follow soon...maybe?

I have finally got the Lupo into the bodyshop. The panels, glass and interior are all removed. I have replaced the windscreen, bonnet, both headlamps, mainbeam lamps, drivers side wing, tailgate, rear quater lights, both door trims, seals and wing mirrors just to mention a few parts. The arches are all rolled and the tailgate now has the new generation handle.

P1010174.jpg

P1010173.jpg

P1010180.jpg

The colour isn't anthracite BTW ;)

LupoApril20086.jpg

LupoMay200828.jpg

May089.jpg

May0821.jpg

LupoMay200814.jpg

Next job is the rims.

KennysVSXX213.jpg

Edited by mark2ikeda

Looks ace! :) Love the carbon fibre weave! Just wondering... with the RS274 from the Golf Mk4 Cabriolet, did you space those out to get that stance? I'm looking into new wheels for my loop and they tickle my fancy! lol.

Ad

Looks ace! :) Love the carbon fibre weave! Just wondering... with the RS274 from the Golf Mk4 Cabriolet, did you space those out to get that stance? I'm looking into new wheels for my loop and they tickle my fancy! lol.

Ad

BBSRS213.jpg

BBSRS237.jpg

BBSRS29.jpg

The Lupo had 10mm hubcentric spacers on the fronts with extented bolts and 20mm bolt on spacers with high tensile inserts on the rear. I loved those wheels. The car still drove really nice with them on, definately better than the Bruthurts and VS-XX if I'm honest. The arches were standard back then. The wheels didnt rub and the car was lowered about 60mm all round.

:) Thanks to everyone on the positive comments. I gonna keep the colour under wraps for the moment, well I gotta keep you lot guessing right? Im planning to get the car put back together by mid June so I hope to make some shows this year. MIVW is my deadline.

Carbon is the theme on the outside. I havent made up my mind on the bonnet yet. I have painted the original any way so its not a big deal to swap them around. The inside is still to come. Im sticking with piano black and alcantara finishing touches.

more pics coming soon hopefully ;)

Mark