Mark2Ikeda's Lupo Gti

mark2ikeda

Hi,

I have been on the forum for a while but I have not posted anything about my car :blink: I really wanted a Lupo Gti to get me to and from work as I am actually building a Golf Mk2 20vt. I picked it up about 2 years ago and I have slowly been customising my daily ride. My obsession to "not" leave things alone has got out of control :blush:

LupoGuildford2007PS2-1.jpg

Lupo-UltimateDubs077.jpg

Lupo-UltimateDubs0712.jpg

CopyofLupo-UltimateDubs0714.jpg

LupoAPR200753.jpg

LupoAPR200755.jpg

LupoAPR2007256.jpg

LupoAPR200754.jpg

Since owning the car I have changed the cam belt and tensioner and repaired the 6 speed gearbox oil seal. It gets a oil and coolant change every 6 months and Im always changing old parts for new. I have repaired the rear wiper hose and clip that had split in the boot that caused thealarmto intermitantly go off (from the moisture) and replaced a faulty clutch master cylinder that made the biting point low and eventually failed.

LupoAPR200723-1.jpg

I have fitted H&R coilover suspension with new genuine VW top mounts and the rear beam now has Powerflex Polurethane bushes. Those who know me will know that Im always changing my rims :lol: The first rims I fitted were RS274 from the Golf Mk4 Cabriolet. I choose these over the Polo Gti's because they came in 16's. I painted the centres satin black and mirror polished the rim. The finishing touch was a BBS Carbon/Gold badges and Dunlop 195/40 SP rubber. The original brakes with uprated G60 280mm drilled discs and given the calipers a fresh lick of paint and fluid change. The brakes are awesome now! I have changes the xenon bulbs to 10000k and removed the side lights.

LupoAPR200721.jpg

The centre console, door handles and custom builds have all been painted gloss black with several coats of lacquer to match the speedo cover and door pulls. The front seats have been ditched in favour of Recaro Sportster Club Sports. Im currently working on the rest of the interior so I will post some pics up soon.

DoorBuild-1.jpg

gallery_2_0_113023.jpg

The stereo system has had the most work on the car. Infact, this is the second time I have redesigned the finish on the install. The first was trimmed up in grey alcantara with red stitching. Im really proud of the 2 3rd places at IASCA. Im not really into all that tho but getting more interested.

LupoAPR20076.jpg

The control unit is an Alpine Double Din W200RI that plays DVD's, has navigation and controls my Ipod. The ipod docks to the ash tray and the lighter is now the sub control TRICK B) ! In the front the plastic door panels have been replaced with custom panels to accomodate 6.5 inch MB Quartz QSD216 componant speakers upwardly angled with the crossover integrated. The tweeters are mounted in custom made housings using the original manual wing mirror blanking plates. The rears are Focal 130KP's. In the boot the JL Audio 300/4 and 500/1 amplifiers have been counter sunk into the metal back frames of the rear seats and illuminated on the boot catch. The MTX 7500 Thunder 12 Inch subwoofer is reverse mounted in a 1 off made sealed pass box. Not much room for the shopping now :P The sound is connected and powered by Street Wires apart form the head unit that is connect via an optical wire to the Alpine PXA-H701 digital sound processor. The satalite navigation and Red Stinger battery is located under the sub box and acess to the in line fuses and processor also have their own "made to fit" housing. All wires have been sleeved with braided protection and all wire ends have been terminated with coloured heat shrink.

LupoNoRice2007PS.jpg

LupoInstall2007PS.jpg

I ordered a set of 3 piece Works VS-XX split rims from Japan. They're 17x7.5 on the front ET35 and 17x8.0 ET22 on the rears. Someone said you aint dubbin if you aint rubbin...aint that the truth :blink: I went to MIVW in Holland and collected best Lupo, Players higly commended and best Lupo at GWerkes in 2007! Completely unexpected and I was really chuffed.

P1010109.jpg

LupoMIVW6.jpg

2339792800037411154ulFWGI_fs.jpg

Edited by mark2ikeda

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very smart mate and like some of the things you have done.

I am also planning to gloass black the dash trim, but could not figure out how to remove the narrow trim that is on top of the dash near the windscreen without damaging something so have left it for now.

Keep up the good work as she is very coming along nicely :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the nice comments people. I have been busy today putting a few plans into reality. You guys will be the first to get an update. The interior and system is removed, the Works rims are split and Im sorry to say the little car has never felt so rapid!

Unfortunately its the daily so Im driven the car completely stripped out. Thank God for cable ties.

Hopefully going to Ultimate Dubs. Is anyone else planning to show their Lupo? Let me know, it would be nice to park near.

Laterz,

Mark Ikeda

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...