Courtesy car time again (again)

bossjohnc

Well Ive raced Max in his 75bhp model and lost (mines the 300bhp special edition so it must be quick)

I was talking to kid dub about these and he says the only diffrence between the 75bhp and the 100bhp models is a chip. Nothing else!

What ever they give ya has got to be better than a 1 litre though mate.

I had a 1.4 75bhp Polo before the Lupo and it was a fantastic engine. Believe there are very many more differences between the 1.4 75bhp and the 1.4 100bhp than a simple chip though - certainly at that time a chip would only take you up to around 80bhp, and you needed much more engine work to get up to 100bhp.

My courtesy cars keep on going downhill every time I go in - started with a TDI Beetle (nice car), then got a 1.4TDI Lupo, then got a 1.2 Polo sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

God knows what they'll give me when it goes in next week - a Mk3 Golf CL or something maybe laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I seem to recall (for some reason) that before the sport was about, the 1.4 75BHP was known as the 1.4 16v???

Anyway - just collected it, it's not slow that's for sure!! It's very wobbly though, and could do with some thicker rubber to handle the power (can put my foot down in 2nd on a corner and the wheel spins quite a lot in the dry)

Gonna take it on a 200 mile round trip to see a customer now (why use the company van??) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

In the old old Polo (Mk4) there was the 1.4 8v, 60bhp, and the 1.4 16v, 100bhp.

In the newer Polo (Mk4 Facelift, sometimes known as Mk5 or 6N2) as well as the Lupo, there were three 1.4 engines, the 1.4 8v 60bhp (no rear badge), the 1.4 16v 75bhp (1.4 rear badge) and the 1.4 16v 100bhp (16v rear badge).

It doesn't appear to be a simple matter to go from the 75bhp engine to the 100bhp engine, even though they are the same size and have the same number of valves.

QUOTE(Tigz)
60?

I thought it was:

50bhp

75bhp

100bhp

Grrrr! Gti

Yep, I think you're right there Tigz - don't think the 1.4 60BHP was ever in the loop.

The GTi? oh yeah, 125 tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

the jakie who adds a bit extra to your tank when you are sitting in traffic, almost pure alcohol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

sounds about right for what you should pay for one over here too before you add any extras. Got mine down to about £12800 I think before extras but that was a year ago.

QUOTE(EssexLoop)
john uve had more courtesy cars than ive ever owned... u must be in double figures laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I had quite a lot from my last car as well! Like making use of my warranty me!!

Either that or I'm just unfortunate...

QUOTE(EssexLoop)
well thats what warrenty is all about i guess...i still havent put my car in for the high level brake light

as i dont want them keeping hold of my car

yeah and they seem to have cracked my new one putting it in.... muppets