Dog Whistle!!??

just bought a 51 plate lupo gti and when i accelerate there seems to be a high pitch whistle sound that changes depending on how much i accelerate. its not really loud and it doesnt effect the performance (i dont think) but its abit annoyin!

is this normal or a common problem?

any help wud be great, thanks

Matt

Are all the dogs in the neighbourhood chasing you?

On a serious note mate, im not sure what it is, mine doesn't whistle when i accelerate, is the engine all standard?

check the hose that comes out of the brake servo behind the engine, its made out of quite hard plastic and can get brittle as it heats up / cools down ; makes a hissing sound, I 've had 2 go on both of my Lupos.

• 1 month later...

check the timing belt tensioner, mine did this, the plastic moulded cover on the bearing cracked and fell inside the casing and rubbed making this noise.

Try turning the stereo off - if it stops you have a bad earth connection.

since i have fitted my new headunit and sub its started to do this, so im guessin its my earth connection... i earthed it in the wheel well bit in a little hole of metal, grinded the paint down etc etc but think i will have to do it again coz its so annoying when i accelerate!