Rear speakers - GTI interior rear trim panels

Reg

I'm looking at installing rear speakers and understand that I'd need to replace the interior trim panels with GTI ones which have the speaker grilles in them.

I peeked into a GTI I saw parked up to but could not see any speaker grilles in the rear panels. Was it just the GTI I saw - or are the speaker grilles not that obvious? If it just a cutout behind the panel, is it possible to modify the standard panels in some way?

Thanks

Reg

They arn't obvious, the mesh grill stuff is very fine and the same colour as the covering fabric. Youll just need GTI trim panels as you say.

The wiring should be there too, it is with most cars of a lower spec. They dont bother making different looms for different trim level.

Personally tho id put the money towards some good components for the front, and not bother with rears.

Some Lupos don't have the holes to mount speakers, pull off the doorcard to check you have them first. If you don't, mesh cards are the least of your worries regarding rear speakers.

:)

Some Lupos don't have the holes to mount speakers, pull off the doorcard to check you have them first. If you don't, mesh cards are the least of your worries regarding rear speakers.

:)

Hi - Yes the holes are there. I noticed when I took the panel off for another job and that's what made me think about fitting some speakers.

Cheers ....