Ultra low profile car jacks

As those of us with very low cars know, the standard jack is a waste of time. Finding a jack that works is nigh on imposible. Also carrying wood with you everywere is a non starter.

With this in mind Ive found a Jack that, at full compresion is just 1.5" (used for race cars).

So would anyone be interested in a group buy?

1.5"? Thats seriously low! I've been looking into air jacks like on the touring cars, hit the button & the rams lift you off the floor. Not cheap though :(

Right, there seems to be some interest. Great!

I'll get some prices on bulk orders and see what deals I can get.

If anyone else is interested please add your name.The more people the (obviously) cheaper they'll become.

me , depending on price .

@ adam , what do you mean blocks of wood , i dont even carry the locking nut :lol:

on a more serious note yeah im starting to get sick of having to get the 2x4 out to get the car up on a jack

Im certain most 'race' jacks advertised are a minimum saddle height of 89mm (3&1/2" approx) + due to the design they aren't long reach. Anything running 1.5" is pretty special.

I bought a trolley jack for mine from machine mart and it was less than £30.... fits under my low lupo easily

Its a 2tonne jack and is quite good quality.

I will look 2 night when I get to my workshop and let you guys know what model it is....

The machine mart guys in my local one were very helpful and took a couple of jacks outside to try on the car! :D

Sounds as though these are going to be expensive.

Found one on Machine Mart with a saddle height of 79mm (3") and it's £94 :o

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/...nsmission-jacks

You'd be better off with a Sealey 'Yankee' for the same money, much better quality ;)

• 2 months later...