coilovers and anti roll bar?

stevie_wonder

hey there evrybody i've finally decided to opt for FK koningsport or Jamex coilovers (on a budget now :() but possibly eibach (if money comes through) and i'm upgrading to poly bushes but is it worth fitting an anti roll bar on the loop? i wanna lower it as low as possible keeping the standard bathursts on (till i can afford schmidt th 15's) so what do you reckon is it worth it?

Edited by stevie_wonder

The ARB is no thicker than the standard, as far as im aware not many people have bothered changing, so maybe just put the money towards better coilovers. :)

they're called bedrock veedubs thy're the bees knees they're based in Scotland seen their work its incredible and yeah decided not to piss about with the stuff rather leave it alone (for now) They were helpful and il be goin back to them for just bout everythin in the future

yeah it sounds like a good price to me he managed to convince me that they were the best option for my car over fk's and slightly better than H&R's and like all good VW owners i only want the best the next thing to grace my car will be a nice set of schmidt th's in 14 or 15's but i cant wait to have KW V2's fitted iv been talkin bout them all yesterday every sentence has kw in it lol (sad i know but im obsessed with my little loop)

neither do i im gettin the guy to adjust it for me coz the v2's give better control than the v1's so itl be set at whatever he thinks best but the v2's are a good bit better for handling and overall control factors so i'd advise you to reconsider the v2's honestly he has made a believer out of me his seat leon has them and holy sh** its bloody fantastic and really comfortable im goin to him for everythin from now on

dam y does this place have to be so far. if your goin to move me to the idea of V2 then y don't i get v3 lol. nah that would just be stupid. i don't know, money is not the problem its just i could spend that extra £150-200 on something else. How many SE do you know on here that are runing a GTI spoiler let alone KW coilovers lol. Tell me what they are like then i will change my mind lol

ProJect KW comin soooooooooooooooon

Edited by jermaine

i suppose you could spend the extra money on somethin else and i priced the v1s to the v2s but in my mind it makes sense to spend that extra bit of money to get something you will be more happy with and something that will further enhance your handling and comfort one step further. Think bout it your already spending quite a bit on kw's to start with so why not just go the next step on after all its only another say 100 quid. if you wait till i get mine fitted il let you know exactly how good they are ;) i have a bad habbit of liking expensive things such as Schmidt alloys im getting down the line :wub: i like the sound of your car u got a pick of it buddy?

heres mine flying at the mo on standard springs :( (i still love her :wub::wub::wub: )

DSC00102.jpg

dam y does this place have to be so far. if your goin to move me V2 then y don't i get v3 lol. nah that would just be stupid. i don't know money is not the problem its just i could spend that extra £150-200 on something else. i tuned do i need a 1.4SE. how many SE do you know on here that are runing a GTI spoiler let alone KW coilovers lol. Tell me what they are like then i will change my mind lol

ProJect KW comin soooooooooooooooon

Eah!? :lol:

Lol whats the Eah!? for lol. lmao i see now. not the best post i have ever done lol. lets edit that now.

yer my Lupo is in the readers ride somewhere just do a search for Jermaine.

(40mm) KW springs

DSC00009.jpg

Edited by jermaine

well as this post is about coilovers. is it that hard to fit them or should i just take it 2 a garage then get the camber and everything else done at the same time.

might just get me and a m8t to try puttin them on if it aint that hard lol.

It's not hard, you should be able to manage it. There's instructions in the How To section I think, and you should get instructions with the coilovers. You do with KW's anyway. You'll need spring compressors, they're £20 from Halfords.

Best to leave it to settle a bit before sorting your tracking and camber and everything anyway I think.

Sweet coz i might have loads of money to spend on the car, but paying over £100 to get it fitted ha ha really it's not like it's rocket science changing suspension

Stevie when are we going to get an update of the GTi mods :sweating:

• 3 weeks later...