Central Locking

That link is more for cars that have the motors all ready and making them remote.

I have done it on my SE. If your car has an alarm that can power motors its as simple as placing electric motors in the doors and running wires to them. If not you may need a kit that consists of motors with 5 wires and a relay type control thing to allow them to be tied together. SOme kits also come with remotes.

I used my alarm.

Check ebay for kits, around £30 i would think.

Other option would be to use all vw stuff but i think that its all vac operated but some one that has it will be able to confirm, seem like to much trouble e to go to running in vac lines etc but it may be easier that is sounds.

That link is more for cars that have the motors all ready and making them remote.

I have done it on my SE. If your car has an alarm that can power motors its as simple as placing electric motors in the doors and running wires to them. If not you may need a kit that consists of motors with 5 wires and a relay type control thing to allow them to be tied together. SOme kits also come with remotes.

I used my alarm.

Check ebay for kits, around £30 i would think.

Other option would be to use all vw stuff but i think that its all vac operated but some one that has it will be able to confirm, seem like to much trouble e to go to running in vac lines etc but it may be easier that is sounds.

i put central locking in using a kit i got from Maplin, about £24 i think, its been nice and reliable

the only lock i haven't wired up it the boot lock, i think you might need a vw motor to control that as the one if the kit didn't fit it

when i think back though it was a real pain in the **se job to do

yer thats the problem. i think it's a pain in the behind job. i think i might have to just spend the money gettin it done then. it cost so much. £160 with a warrenty. does anyone know any place cheaper that will do it

I asked VW if they wanted to do mine and they told me to sod off blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You cant do the boot at all as the OEM central locking is air so you have a pump and the rear lock opens via that.

There is not an electronic VW boot lock about. I have looked...Trust me sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

REG i got that from a car audio place in North London, who said they would not fit the kit that i have coz they dont know the build quality. so i asked them about their kit and they said £160 with a warrenty (fitted). so if it goes wrong they can replace the motor or what ever the problem.

does anyone think £160 is a good price or know anywhere cheaper.

im goin to have my car for another 2 or 3 years it would be a good investment i think

*(electric windows straight after need new door cards first lol)*