1/4mile time

jpgti

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The polish would surely knock off a second off any time, cars always feel faster when clean and shiney, its a fact smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Slightly off topic, but do you find your Lupo just attracts dirt, especially at the back with it being such a 'flat' back end. I'm off out into shropshire for sunday lunch at the girlfriends I can assure you that when I get there the last 2 hours I've spent cleaning it will be totally undone!

Plus I noticed this is the first time I've had dead flies on the front end, so I guess its the start of THAT time of year again, great :roll:

Anyway, in mark and lard (RIP) style...carry on.

Hmph... no 1/4 miles for me at Inters coz the stoopid engine management light was on & I didn't wanna risk breaking anything.

All things being well I might have a go at Santa Pod...

(No mods as yet... waiting til warranty runs out & bank balance improves!)

It woulb be possable but there not many about, so it'd be expencive.

Tuning them is expencive and you still have all the extra work you would with a 1.8 ie. relocating battory etc.

The best cheap option would be a 1.4 16v 100bhp engine as theres loads about.

Could probably get aroud 170bhp from that engine for a couple of grand, and it'd bolt straight in.

Only thing is (as Clifford pointed out to me) once its at 170 thats the maxium I could ever get.

a 20v would give me that sort of power before I even tuned it!

QUOTE(EssexLoop)
Well i managed a 16.03 at the lovely concrete strip of Inters

That is a good time, esp as we had a light wind against us - I recon you'll pull in to the 15s at the pod!

Glad you got such a good time, thought I might have been losing it - didn't even bother getting the results sheet.