Need to buy a GTI

dickstar

Hello hello hello

I am still ever searching for a nice GTI to spend all my hard earned dollar on. Im after

a GTI

Silver

Six speed

Under 20000 miles

Air con

CD (not essential)

I am prepared to pay Parker prices IN CASH for a nice one. That means up to 9000 for a late 2002 plate with around 10000 miles (with the above spec's).

If anyone has one to sell, has seen one local to you that I may not have seen, then please let me know.

I feel like I stand a better chance of getting hold of the Holy grail and the Ark of the cuvenant at the mo. Think I may start a new carrear as Indiana Jones!!!!

Cheers

From a Desperate Dick (Tom Dick)

???

I think in this case Parkers isn't a realistic comparison. The expression 'hens teeth' comes to mind, and in that case, you will have to pay a premium.

Either that or wait a long time.

I was looking for a year before I found mine (which is the exact spec you describe).

I paid £9,750 and considered it a bargain.

I think we've had this conversation before though?!

had mine just under 2 weeks -

met silver 2002 gti

800 miles on the clock,

ex demo,from vw,

2 year warrenty

paid £10,495 and its a little beauty!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Heres a couple I just found on autotrader, I know this first one is a 5 speed, but still.

2002 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.6 GTi 3dr Hatchback

Moon Silver,Full VWSH,11 months warrantee remaining, ABS, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Dual airbags. CD,E/`windows-mirrors`, rear wash/wipe,zenon. £9595 (Somerset) Email for more photos.5 speed. John@divine57.freeserve.co.uk. 11200 miles. £9595.

Tel: 01278424009

Distance: 35 miles

Price: £9,595

--------------------------------------------------

2001 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.6 GTi 3dr Hatchback

FSH, Warranty, 6speed, Xenon lights, ABS, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Airbag. 19000 miles. £9700 .

Tel: 07986 623444 or 0117 3789454

Email: Email Advertiser

Distance: 34 miles

Price: £9,700

And that seems to be it unfortunately. A few months ago autotrader was crawling with them. Good luck.

Yeah I know what your saying

Want a premium car pay a premium price. There are so many about its just that air con thing. Guy with the parking sensor mobile is still selling, he's on hols at the moment but i think im gonna have it off him when he gets back. and yes you are quite right I will be kicking myself in six months when I still havent got one. So watch this space and maybe with any luck (which I havent had so far) I will be a proud owner of the only true successor to the MK1 GTI sometime before the end of the month.

Cheers for the advice.

Tom