Gearbox Shot - Already?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, atht recipt is defo in there, its about 3 bits of paper in theres one for £50 to put the box back in on a seperate recipt, there numbers will be on there and probaly the date I had it done. All on here can vouch that I had it done,(well i said on here at the time) and Luke new it was there. I knwo you think im a **** and I undestand that, but everything I told you was the truth. Ok the rear pads are shot I should have spotted that but I havent and they not a big problem. Exhaust mounts I also had no clue about, how have you found this out? I doesnt make any noises. I do feel sorry for you as I did tell you 100% truth as far as I knew. There was no point me trying to sell a duff car and let you test drive it, is there? Are you sure all this stuff has gone and not just a bit rusty ? As car has been sat for at least a month as I said. You did get the car stupidley cheap with only 35K on the clock and 11months tax and 6 months tax. The new disks and pads are brand new and so is the cambelt and all pullys (you have all the old ones to prove this). You can also see the gearbox has been droped and worked on as its been freshley powder coated and is very shinny. The gearbox place is on the Bristol Road, Gloucester, GL......

yeh, its a bit different when it happens to you, and your going to have a £500 bill, 10 weeks before you start uni, which iv had to have a gap year working to earn money to go to uni, now going to be £500 down. If you have nothing useful to say, please dont say anything, i think enough crap has come my way with a £500 let alone you telling me its tough crap.

to be honest i dont care about your life story mate, iam saying if you spent the extra on getting that car checked out in the first place then maybe just maybe you would not have the trouble, and when i got my car i had to pay for things so its not just you, and i was to tight and lazy to pay out getting the car checked over before i handed over the money, and also it seems to me that bikers is more thank helpful so why not keep it to PM

to be honest i dont care about your life story mate, iam saying if you spent the extra on getting that car checked out in the first place then maybe just maybe you would not have the trouble, and when i got my car i had to pay for things so its not just you, and i was to tight and lazy to pay out getting the car checked over before i handed over the money, and also it seems to me that bikers is more thank helpful so why not keep it to PM

Well said.

TBH I can see why your peeved but the old 'sold as seen thing' is a big thing today hence why the AA etc do car checks. I've still not learnt my lesson & bought some real sh*tters in the past that have left me well out of pocket. You pay your money & you make your choice.

Quite honestly Sheldon is the ultimate anti-mechanic on this forum so Im not suprised that a few things would have gone un-noticed by him like the rear pads, engine mounts etc & whenever he's felt that something has needed doing he's always been advised to get the garage to do it, which to his credit he has done. You are aware of why the gearbox was rebuilt in the first place?!

yes i am, he did tell me that, thats why i was even more peeved that a gearbox that had done 2k miles since a full rebuild had given up! But people still dont seem to see that im not blaming him - he didnt do the work, im just pis*ed that i bought a car that was "good" that isnt! i think all that needs to be said in this thread has been said so lets leave it here

I brought my GTI off AK and it has niggley problems he knew about but didnt tell me, its not his fualt its mine for not asking or checking. Its a great car tho and very thankful that he sold it to me. It is missing the door locking mechanisium, the electric front window drivers side doesnt work. and many more.

im not blaming him
I still have never said "its bikerz fault he is a w*nker" (even though its how i feel!)

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

why focus on the whole issue of who sold it and what's up with it?

instead of the bickering we should be rallying around to get this sorted.

Rich

why focus on the whole issue of who sold it and what's up with it?

instead of the bickering we should be rallying around to get this sorted.

Rich

I agree entirely.

might be getting somewhere now, just rang them, and they have said they will have a look at it. So got to get it booked into a garage to have the box off, package it up and send it to them, and they said it will be a few weeks, so going to be without a car! hopefully they can do the job properly this time.

if you dont care then why are you readin it anyway? the guy has clearly come on here to get some help and guidence and all your doin is slaggin him off which isnt what a forum is for in my eyes.

if you wanna be a big cop in a small town then f**k off down the model village

sorry to hear about your car pete, maybe try gettin some bits and bobs a bit cheaper in the for sale section.

end of the dy its a car n it aint as if its ****ed compleatly, i bought mine n i had 2 spend £100 on new disc's and £150 on wheel bearings and fitment... its just 1 of those crap things in life that u gotta put up with n just think @ the end of the day ur guna have a car that u like n u kno the g/box will b fine... after all ne1s cud go at netime as my m8s did n that cost him £1000 for a new 1 as it was 2weeks out of warenty. big pain in the ass but wot else ca u do apart from sell it n make a loss? least u mite b gettin sumwhere... y dont u try ringin up an ad in the auto trader for g/box i did for my pug n a 2nd hand recon was onli £150 with nxt day delivery. just a thought

on a side note mattie gearbox in his 1litre desintegrated last night , 5th is no f*cked it pops in and out while going down the road and makes some rather nasty noises