iPod Dock Install into the Coin Tray

• 2 months later...

i want to do something similar to this so i bought a coin tray to swap with my cup holder. Ive removed the cupholders from under the dash but dont know how i go about swaping my coin tray with 1 of the holders....? could anybody please explain this please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

has anyone else with this mod found that on tight left corners the ipod ends up in your lap? lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone else with this mod found that on tight left corners the ipod ends up in your lap? lol

You do it then?

I got round to fitting mine... Only been 12 months, think I cocked up, as I don't think the dock supports audio pia the Apple plug? Not sure how to do this now with the OEM head unit. Also had to get a charging adaptor to charge my iPhone and 4g Nano as they work on 5V charging, and an extension cable that supports audio transfer cause the charging adaptor wont fit into the tray. Might flog this off and get another tray, fitting the Nano in there on it's own.

i found with mine when i used it with my ipod touch it moved slightly round corners that it would pause the music becuase it had slighly moved off the dock, this is why i moved it to the dash vent instead where i house my iphone now

• 2 months later...

You have to lk out for them. You can either get DIN ones which fit under your stereo where the cubby hole is,

cup_holder_500.jpg

IMG_0380_500.jpg

or if you get GTI ones they fit under the dash leaving you 2 din slots.

They do come up, but you have to be quick.

• 2 weeks later...

get em from the dealer, not exactly cheap tho...27 quid and another 5er for the face plate

yours looked sweet man, where did you get the plastic for the top?

does anyone know where to get the stickers?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...